Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Upgrade: Inconsistent and incorrect status indicators

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
frankpgh
Apprentice
Apprentice

Since the latest upgrade I have inconsistent and incorrect camera status indicators.

The inconsistencies exist between the browser based interface and the Android App.  The Android App will show poor to non-existent wireless signal while the browser shows all bars (100%) signal.  Same issue for batteries.

Both apps will show the icon indicating that motion is being detected on all cameras, although there is nothing there to set off any of the cameras.

Once again, Arlo has "upgraded" their software causing inconsistencies, confusion, and a lack of trust that these cameras are actually protecting my property.  I'm paying for premium cloud service for what reason?  I can't even go back to the very few recordings I have marked as favorites a few months ago, although I clear out all of my recordings on a regular basis if they contain nothing worth keeping.

Arlo you continue to disappoint and put out a poor product.  I don't dare try any new features for fear the whole thing will sh!t itself!

2 REPLIES 2
Cassidy
Luminary
Luminary

It's only because programmers don't know HOW to calculate... With this upgrade, i have 1 bar less on all of my cameras but when I check the % of the Wi-Fi connection (we can see it now with this new update), it gives me 1 Bar for 60% Wi-Fi connection...this is where they make the mistake...In my case, I was supposed to see 2 bars for 60%...

It is supposed to be this :

0-33% = 1 bar

34-66%=2bars

67-100%= 3bars

For the batteries, you can also see the % of each battery I appreciate this new feature more than only showing a icon battery...Now we can see both.

And I understand when you claim this : 

Once again, Arlo has "upgraded" their software causing inconsistencies, confusion.

I was also confused with the new way than the Planning works. They should send us a document to explain the new features of all upgrade BEFORE putting the new program on Google Play Store or Apple Store...

It would be much less frustrating if we knew in advance what will be part of the new version rather than fight to understand What they change and how to set  the new update.

I am sure they loose money only by answering by phone to explain each time how the new version works.

Cassidy

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

frankpgh,

I have escalated your feedback on the inconsistencies of the web client vs the mobile app to the engineering team.

Keep in mind marking library content as a favorite does not keep that content from being deleted after 7 days (in your case 30 or 60 days depending on which premium service you are subscribed to). The Favorites feature is a library filtering tool only. Any content you wish to save for later use should be manually downloaded and stored locally.

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation