Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation
davidbsmith
Initiate
Initiate

This update has serious problems.  My cameras no longer send alerts nor record videos.  I just watched my son leave the house on the camera monitoring the front door, and drive away on the camera monitoring the driveway.   Neither cam sent an alert and neither cam recorded video.  But strangely, when viewing the stills on the "camera" page of the app, the shot is of my son locking the front door. Sensitivity settings have not changed (90% on front door, 65% on driveway).  In the past I've been getting too many false alerts, but to not record (or alert) when someone is opening and closing a door 5ft from the camera shows something is wrong. 

And I add my voice to the criticism of the new battery indicator on the main camera dashboard.  It needs to be bigger, not smaller.

8 REPLIES 8
Boat52
Apprentice
Apprentice

All of a sudden I can't access my cameras. But I get e-mails and text alerts for the recorded videos which I can watch. The web site keeps telling me "youre device is offline". This is a major disaster for Arlo and really erodes my confidence in the system. Might pack it up and take it back to Sam's Club. Really too bad, bercause when it worked, it was excellent.

jjs4653
Star
Star

My update no longer shows battery life....icon is missing...Android 5.1.1. Droid turbo 2

Showguy
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

The new apps were just made available for IOS. Download it. You should see everything appears to be back to normal.

snip3rboy
Arlo Employee Retired

jjs4653 wrote:

My update no longer shows battery life....icon is missing...Android 5.1.1. Droid turbo 2

Hi @jjs4653

An update to the Android app will be available very soon showing the battery level. For now, you can use the browser app to get the battery level https://arlo.netgear.com

snip3rboy
Arlo Employee Retired

jjs4653 wrote:

Hi @jjs4653,

An update to the Android app will be available very soon showing the battery level. For now, you can use the browser app to get the battery level https://arlo.netgear.com

Vero
Tutor
Tutor

This is a horribly planned upgrade. Galaxy Note 4 updated ok.

Galaxy SII Android 4.1.2 won't update at all just tries installing for ever from Google Play Store.

If you don't take the update then half the mode buttons don't show messages.

The cameras don't trun on with my exixting modes any more.

The online app has no facility for rules/modes.

This is just terrible customer service. Very Mad!!!!

mcaguilar
Aspirant
Aspirant

same here no notifications had to restart the system to get things recording again.

Vero
Tutor
Tutor

Ok maybe I was hasty. The new app is not all bad.

The mode/rule mechanics are still there under the device tree and work the same.

Just not intuitive to find.

The green battery bars at left are too small/thin and not clear what they are for.

The download to Galaxy SII never worked. So I grabbed the http address from google play and used it in .apk downloader to retrieve to my pc. Enabled phone's install from other places under security. Then copied the 13MB file to my phone's Download folder using USB. Then clicked the file in download using my Files app and it installed just fine.

Otherwise the new app seems to operate quite well.

So ignore my initial rant!!

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation