Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Unable to play live view on iOS app

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
platron
Star
Star

About half the time I try, the Live View button actually results in display of a live view.  The other half of the time, either (1) nothing plays, and after a few moments of the spinning icon, the Live View button returns, or (2) nothing plays, and an orange banner is displayed, informing me that it was "unable to play" and suggesting that I try again.  Trying again in case 2 is impossible, however, because the app is then frozen.  Killing it forcibly and restarting it sometimes works.  So far, it's always been possible to view the camera feed eventually, if not on the first try.

The web app from a desktop browser seems to be more reliable.

9 REPLIES 9
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

platron,

What version of iOS are you running and on what iOS device? Have you tried reinstalling the Arlo app?

JamesC

platron
Star
Star

9.2.1 on a 6s, with version 2.0.1 of the app.   I deleted and re-installed about 5 minutes ago, and it does seem to have helped.  10 view attempts so far have all been successful.  It would be nice to know how often and under what conditions one should be expected to re-install the app. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Expected - never. Reality - whenever the app has a problem, especially compared to another method.

platron
Star
Star

That's a little sad.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Had to do this with other apps, too...

afeid
Star
Star

I had the same issue when I added a new cam. I reset my ipad and live view worked fine.

Lancegibler
Tutor
Tutor
I get this message every day
Lancegibler
Tutor
Tutor
I can't stand this
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What device and OS?