Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Trouble adding a new mode

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
So_CA_Sailor
Follower
Follower

Step 2 under "Add a Mode" in the user manual (pg 38) says, "Click or tap Mode and a list of cameras displays".   When I click Mode only an icon and the serial number of the base station displays.  There is no list of cameras. The Camera, Library, and Settings seem to funcion OK and I have closed and opened my Arlo account several times on my PC, phone and iPad. The results are the same on all devices.  Everything seem to work OK except Mode. Help!!

4 REPLIES 4
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

The manual is maybe a bit wrong.....

If you click on Mode, an icon of the base appears, and if clicked on a list of modes will appear on right column.  You should first see the default modes , ARMED and DISARM... At bottom is Add Mode button

If in mode, and you click on ADD Mode, you should be prompted to name the new mode first

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

So_CA_Sailor

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. As TomMac states above, please select the base station and then the "Add Mode" option will be available.

I have submitted an edit request to better clarify these steps within the manual.

Thank you,

JamesC

nateshort5
Aspirant
Aspirant

I don't have the green button "add mode" .  I have watched the youtube video and want to turn on driveway and turn off other cameras at certain times.  I just dont see the 'add mode' green button at all.  Help.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I think I just answered this in another thread.

Mode tab, click on your base.  Use the Add A Mode button at the bottom. Create the new mode and a rule for one caamera. Save.  Reedit the mode and add another rule, save, rinse and repeat, saving each time.  ANy camera without a rule will be disarmed.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation