Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
chamaway
Star
Star
Looks like someone got the time zones messed up and not prepared for daylight savings time. I live in the mountain west and time shows one hour earlier than it is. I tried moving it to other options and no zone will show the correct time. Help!!! Anyone else notice this today?
27 REPLIES 27
chamaway
Star
Star
If you look at Chicago it shows my time as 5:50. If you sent it to Phoenix it shows it as 3:50. Although they are only one hour apart (gmt minus six and seven respectively). Looks like a bug. Anyone have ideas???
StuBee
Luminary
Luminary

Just as an extra datapoint.....I'm PDT and it shows correctly.

FYI:  Phoenix and Chicago are indeed two hours apart.  (just google "Phoenix Time" and "Chicago Time").  Phoenix doesn't change during DST.

chamaway
Star
Star
Stubee. Thanks for the quick response. Sorry if I wasn't clear on the issue.

I see that phoenix and Chicago work well. Question is what if you live in the Rockies and use arlo?? If you live in Denver or Salt Lake City as an example, Arlo has no working time zone. Clearly a significant issue.

Would love any help or opinions.
ChristineT
Arlo Employee Retired

Good afternoon Chamaway,

Thank you for reporting this issue in the Arlo community. Our engineering team has been notified of your issue. We will investigate this issue and get back to you. To track this issue I will open a support case for you and work with you directly until this issue can be resolved.

Best Regards,

Christine 

Arlo Team

____
Please click KUDOS or REPLY if you found this helpful.
mojoe4
Initiate
Initiate

Yeah this needs to be fix ASAP!

chamaway
Star
Star

Arlo... please help us out here... You said a ticket would be opened, but no one has sent anything??...

Seems you left an entire United States time zone (mountain) off of your application... does not seem to be hard to determine this is an issue...

Please let us know... thanks!

Don_U
Star
Star

This is INSANE. Yet another GLARING example that this product was not ready for primetime.

I live in Montata and the Base Station Settings do not have an option for Mountain Time or Daylight Savings Time Zones.

I thought I was losing my mind with all the false alerts I was getting.

I kept checking the schedule that I had set up, and it was right, but hidden away it wasn't right.

This and other gross errors must be fixed immediatly. If not by the end of March, my whole system will be going back.

Netgear - You better be listening... and taking immediate action.

mark5293
Aspirant
Aspirant
Mountain time zone is missing from firmware on Arlo.
HS
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yeah, the problem is perhaps that Phoenix doesn't go on DST, so right now it is pacific time, not mountain time.  Chicago, of course, is an hour ahead.

Arlo, please change the Moutain Zone to Denver or Salt Lake City (or Albuquerque or Durango or Aspen or Helena or....)!  

This is going to confuse me whenever I try to schedule.

Firmware!

HS
Aspirant
Aspirant

And it won't help when there's an incident and the cops are confused!

chamaway
Star
Star
The unfortunate piece here is not only Arlo clearly not up to snuff with such and oversight, but their own people promise one thing and never follow up. They said "we will open a ticket and converse directly with you".... But nothing. Not an email. Not a message. I sent an email to the head of netgear and arlo and nothing back either. Sad. When google and nest move into this space, feel sad that to say arlo most likely won't be able to compete. Let's see if they are even listening. Sad.
Don_U
Star
Star

I don't know why this discussion is marked "solved."

It isn't.

I just did a reboot and checked version numbers ... NO FIX

chamaway
Star
Star
No idea why it was marked solved. I certainly did not mark it that way. So very odd.
ChristineT
Arlo Employee Retired

Good afternoon Arlo Community!

I apologize for the mix-up in a post within this thread getting marked as a solution prematurely. This has been corrected and hope to have an official release date regarding the fix for this issue in the very near future.

We are currently testing the fix and are working to get it applied as quickly as possible. This issue is priority # 1.

I promise to post an update to this thread just as soon as an update is available and will leave it to the affected users to mark the post as the solution. 🙂

Thanks again one and all for your contribution to this community!

Best Regards,

Christine

Arlo Team

____
Please click KUDOS or REPLY if you found this helpful.
jrmurati
Aspirant
Aspirant

How about the one of us in Guatemala? We don't have any option to get the correct time. I'm very dissapointed. Arlo please include more options for the time zone so we can get it right.

MtnMama
Aspirant
Aspirant
We are frustrated with same issue. Please contact me also when it is fixed.
xcell
Aspirant
Aspirant
I live in Manitoba Canada central time zone. Nothing here for the 2nd largest country in the world
xcell
Aspirant
Aspirant

Will this problem be corrected any time soon?question was asked over 5 months ago?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

xcell,

Welcome to the community! I believe the time zone you are looking for is GMT -6 (Chicago, Illinois). A good way to test is to adjust the time zone and then take a snapshot from one of your cameras. Then compare the time on the snapshot to your local time to verify if you have found the correct time zone. let me know if this helps!

JamesC

sonixpc
Aspirant
Aspirant

Seriously Netgear?

I cant believe it's been six months since this issue was notified, and you havent at least add the simple option to disable DST. It's a must for those of outside US. 

GIve us please a estimated date for thi fix because it seems a lot of issues here just get nicely answered by PR people but never gets to the support or engineer team at netgear.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

sonixpc,

I apologize for any frustration you have experienced when selecting a time zone. Please consider the troubleshooting steps that I have already posted in this thread to resolve any issues you may be having. I do not have any information at this time regarding additional time zone options or features but I will be sure to keep you posted!

Thank you!

JamesC

pbirrell
Guide
Guide
Times changed correctly for daylight savings today in CA on the website but the iOS app is not responding to the change in times.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

pbirrell,

I have tested this and I am not seeing any issues with the time change on my iOS device. All videos are showing the correct time stamp in the library when motion detection is triggered. What are you seeing that is indicating that there is an issue?

JamesC

glioma
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm in Phoenix. Saved videos are showing a time one hour ahead of the correct time. Arlo does not appear to be recognizing that AZ does not use DST.