Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Third party outdoor motion sensor with IFTTT?

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Mat_S
Guide
Guide

Anyone have experience (in Australia) with an outdoor motion sensor that works with IFTTT? I want to use it outdoors in conjunction with my Arlo camera to trigger recording a few seconds earlier than the camera alone does. I could use a second camera for this but that seems like a waste. D link would be great but it seems to only be indoor. Any help much appreciated please. Battery operated would be best.

2 REPLIES 2
steve_t
Master Master
Master

You could do a smartthings one if you didn't mind relinquishing control to smartthings. 

In my driveway, I have two cameras at 90 degrees to each other. In the custom mode I use, I have rules where the front door camera motion records on the front door camera as well as a rule for the front door camera to trigger the driveway camera and vice versa. So 4 rules that cover the driveway and have either camera trigger both to record. 

I'm really keen to get Arlo Pro cameras for their much earlier recording on motion

Mat_S
Guide
Guide
Yes. That's an option. Or like you say, wait until the Pro comes out and use that in the spots that require quick detection with minimal recording delay... i wonder when that will be....
Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation