Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Bae
Aspirant
Aspirant

I previous received text alerts on motion detections but in the last several months they stopped.  This is my primary source of notification and without this the system does not provide my home with a layer of early warning and security.  My Family used android devices.

I request assistance in restoring text alerts for android devices.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

A quick search for "notifications" using the green "Search for answers" box at the top of each of these pages would have given you a ton of responses.  Use the Mode tab, select your system, and edit your modes (NOT the schedule) to enable notifications.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

A quick search for "notifications" using the green "Search for answers" box at the top of each of these pages would have given you a ton of responses.  Use the Mode tab, select your system, and edit your modes (NOT the schedule) to enable notifications.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Bae wrote:

I previous received text alerts on motion detections but in the last several months they stopped.  This is my primary source of notification and without this the system does not provide my home with a layer of early warning and security.  My Family used android devices.

I request assistance in restoring text alerts for android devices.

The Arlo system has never used text mesgs per say...only email and pushes.    I think what you mean is PUSHES.

Different versions of the OS sometimes react differently , BUT the biggest thing lately re Pushes is that the SW changed.  With the new sw, all cameras are selectable, so you must go in and edit the settings for each camera to turn on pushes and save during exit.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Bae
Aspirant
Aspirant

I was able to activate "pushes".  Thanks for the assistance.

mcspellman
Initiate
Initiate

I would prefer to receive text alerts rather than e-mail.  I tried what the was suggested and used telephone # @txt.att.net and received an alert, but the text was in html.  Not very useful and certainly not comparable to the e-mail alert with the embedded video. So...

I did some research with my carrier (ATT) and found this:

Text Alert to mobile devices

It says use nine digit telephone # with @mms.att.net

Seems to work.

M

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation