Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Hopper28755
Follower
Follower
I had my arlo camera set for a week now. I was expecting more for the money but it's a new product so maybe there will be improvement. Here's my suggestions. Feel free to add yours.
1. A application for Mac to view all cameras on a live stream at the same time for easier monitoring.
2. Improved night vision
3. Longer range motion detection, by the time it picks someone up you basically only see them for a second.
4. 1080p picture with continuous recording.
5. Be able to live stream all cameras at the same time in the mobile application.
6. Be able to charge the cameras with a usb cord instead of replacing battery's.
7. Allow 6 cameras for free.
3 REPLIES 3
fire-security
Aspirant
Aspirant

I agree with allot of points hopper. I payed premium price for a less then premium cameras.
I can't recommend this camera as it has severe limitations on where to place it and its designed to be able to place it anywhere (wireless lol)...and these cameras probably only cost a fraction of their retail price to manufacture. Make a better product....the better tech exists and its not expensive, stop being stingy and make a proper product!

Hopper28755
Follower
Follower
Why doesent customer service respond to these suggestions?
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

# 2 is limit by physical size... IR illumination is cover by inverse sq law for distance , tho you can add external flood lights in IR ( 850nm range )

#3, and 4  are solved by the new Q cam coming out , as it's powered, 1080p, pixel based motion detect

#5 is limited to 5 cameras streaming live at a time due to bandwith vs quality

#6 design choice, they can be charged externally,...  but also covered by Q cam as it is powered

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation