Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Sharing Video

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Sa9aX11
Guide
Guide

Hi

Is there any way sharing video to another person (friend or relative) without creating an Arlo account?

I have a few people don't understand English and don't like going thru creating an Arlo Account (English not their language), they like to view my camera. For my security the only thing they can do is put a name & password to log in to my Camera.

Sal

8 REPLIES 8
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Two ways I can think of quickly but both require you to make it possible each time:

1) View the video(s) of interest and use the Share icon at the bottom.  Has to be done on a per video basis.

2) Download videos (could be automated but outside of Arlo's purview) to a web site or other venue that basically allows sharing with appropriate security.

Prolly not what you wanted.  I suppose you could create an shared email account and use that to be added as a friend.  Once you've set it up yourself as a non-administrator, provide the login info to the others so they can use the friend account to view.

Sa9aX11
Guide
Guide

Create a shared email account? Where? On Arlo Portal Site? How?

Sal

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Sorry, wasn't clear. All I meant was to create an email address for the sole purpose of spreading it around to your friends. You could then use that account to accept a friend request that you you send to that address. Once you've got that friend account working for Arlo, send the information (email address and Arlo password) to your buddies so they can log in to Arlo. The email address would have no further value.

Sa9aX11
Guide
Guide

oh ok

Narwella
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have placed the arlo app on our iphones and if we are both looking at the same time it bumps one person out why? 

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Narwella wrote:

I have placed the arlo app on our iphones and if we are both looking at the same time it bumps one person out why? 

Normal....happens with any other access by the primary user account across OS systems.

Add the second person in as a "friend" account and both can view at same time.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
JustLearning
Apprentice
Apprentice
I tried to 'share' a video but didn't allow Arlo to access all my friends on Facebook, now Arlo will
not share the video. Does anyone know how to fix this?
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Go to the library and d/l the video... then share it

( any shared links from Arlo only last for 24 hrs )

Morse is faster than texting!
Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation