Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

App display stays on after phone locked

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
cherry-pie
Star
Star

For the past 3 months now, if i have used the arlo app the last time before pressing the power button to lock, turn off my phone display, - The arlo app is still accessible when pressing the power button again to get inside my phone. The app also bypasses the password input entry and anyone who has my phone in their hand can view my cameras etc... I can press the menu button to clear the app and THEN it will take me to enter my password to get inside my phone. But the app still appears before that which i dont like. I checked to see if this was a setting/feature of the app but i didnt find any such thing in the settings so im assuming this is a bug.

This is a security concern as i dont just want anyone who picks up my phone to look at my camera system. I shouldnt have to end all tasks on my phone just to prevent this from happening. The app should not be accessible if i have a password entry especially when my phone is locked.

Please fix this.

Android, Samsung S5, also recently updated to the latest android firmware - no help

Yes ive tried reinstalling the app to try to stop this - no help. 

Any auggestions??

Are you experiencing this as well.? 

To Devs, what kind of bugs are you fixing on your updates? Ive reported numerous issues that need your attention, please concentrate on these issues. 

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Can't duplicate on my Nexus 6 with 6.01.  I happen to use a pattern to unlock if that may be a difference. Under Security,  I have Automatically lock set to 5 minutes after sleep except when kept unlocked by Smart Lock.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation