Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
knutegalute
Guide
Guide

My wife has an iPhone 5S and I have the 6S.  When I "Arm" ARLO her phone sometimes shows it as "Disarmed" and vice versa.

4 REPLIES 4
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

knutegalute,

Are both phones logged in to the mobile app using the same account information or is one phone logged in to the same system using a different account (through the Grant Access feature)?

If you log out and back in to the app, do you still see the incorrect mode being displayed?

JamesC

knutegalute
Guide
Guide

Both phones are logged into the same account with the mobile APP, we are not using grant access.  When I logged out and back in I still saw this.  It does not happen all the time.  I think we typically see this when one or both phones leave the WiFi and we connect through Verizon, not sure if that makes a differnece or not.  

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

knutegalute,

That could make a difference as your Verizon mobile data connection may be slower updating the status within the app than your WiFi connection. Does the app eventually show the correct mode?

When this is happening is the system behaving as it should? For example if you Arm the system, are recordings arriving in your library even though the app is incorrectly showing disarmed?

JamesC

knutegalute
Guide
Guide

I think I figured it out.  If my wife arms the system with her phone and does not close out the App completely, then I open the App with my phone and disarm.  When she goes back in on her phone it may still show as armed.  Then when I go back in with my phone it may from disarmed to armed.  So bottom line, if one of us or both completely close out of the App, swipe it out from backgrpund, things seem to work right.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation