Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Set Geofencing via schedule

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
zuccos
Tutor
Tutor

I have the basic Arlo Pro setup: Base station + two cameras.

Everything is setup and works fine. I have one camera in the back of my house, and another on the front door. I currently have a schedule that turns off motion sense for the front door during heavy traffic times (leaving in the morning, coming home, etc...). And then I have motion sense turned on for both during the evening.

As I work from home, what I would really like to do is setup a schedule that uses Geofencing during the day, and then fully armed at night. But I can't seem to find a way to select geofencing when I'm setting a schedule.

Any ideas.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

This can be done within your Geofencing settings by setting "Home" to Schedule and "Away" to Armed (or the desired custom mode).

This will allow your system to behave based on your schedule when you are home and arm when you are away.

JamesC

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
steve_t
Master Master
Master

I don't think that's possible. Maybe put it in the ideas section and see if it's something others want enough for Netgear to implement it

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

This can be done within your Geofencing settings by setting "Home" to Schedule and "Away" to Armed (or the desired custom mode).

This will allow your system to behave based on your schedule when you are home and arm when you are away.

JamesC

zuccos
Tutor
Tutor

This is what I currently have setup, what this requires though is that, if I leave the house during the day and want to have the system fully armed I have to manually set it to armed instead of having Geofencing detect that I've left the house.

What I have now is a schedule that does the following;

Day - Mode = Home (only back camera active)

Night - Mode = Armed (both cameras active)

What I would like is:

Day - Mode = Geofencing (which in turn would be set to Home when I'm home and Armed if I leave the house)

Night - Mode = Armed

Trying to avoid a lot of manually switching of modes. Seems this is not currently an option.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation