Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
scottyp
Aspirant
Aspirant

Not sure what the deal is...turned 2 cameras to "Do Nothing" and trying to get them back to "Record Video" and I get a "The rule could not be updated (4001) error. Turned completely off, restarted, nothing helps. Any ideas?

6 REPLIES 6
Walves2408
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same problem here, furst time it happened today

scottyp
Aspirant
Aspirant
Log into a computer and not the phone app...it will let you change it back on there. That worked for me.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

scottyp, Walves2408

Are you still seeing this behavior after having fixed it by logging into a computer and changing that way? Is the app still giving you an error? What device model/OS version are you using?

JamesC

Batwomanfl
Aspirant
Aspirant
Getting Error 4001 after setting camera to do nothing to save battery power, because batteries needed to be changed. This Afternoon I changed the Batteries and I went to reset the option back to record and got Error 4001. I haven't tried logging into the PC to change this option, but what about the App? Does this mean if I need to change options on the PC now? This means the App features are useless!
scottyp
Aspirant
Aspirant

It seems to be working now...I don't mess with it much being I had the issue, but playing with it just now there seems to be no issues. I use an iPhone running iOS 9.3.2

scottyp
Aspirant
Aspirant

Once I used a PC to set the cameras back to record, I don't seem to have the issue with the APP any longer. Give it a shot, it "should" work for you...it did for me. Good luck!

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation