Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Session expired. Please re-login message

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 9 In Conversation
Daniel
Initiate
Initiate

I used to be able to login to my arlo.netgear.com page, and leave it open during the day. During the last few days it is now automatically logging me off the page with a "Session expired" mesage. I was wondering if this is happening to anyone else lately, and if so, why did they change it to log you off? I think if one is using the camera's for security, it is best to let you stay logged on to the page, and not have to re-sign in after a few minutes.

Thank you,

Daniel

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Njd617,

This is by design. After being idle for too long you will be automatically logged out and will need to sign back in.

JamesC

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Schorschi
Prodigy
Prodigy

I've noticed that too. Everything nowadays seems to be logging you off automatically.

riox
Initiate
Initiate

Me Too!! 

I agree with Daniel and Schorschi in that I also think if one is using the camera's for security, it is best to let you stay logged on to the page, and not have to re-sign in after a few minutes.

Also to allow my brother and myself to be connected together from different locations to our cameras.  We both travel a lot, and it is a pain to have to login again if the other person has checked the system from their end.

Njd617
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same thing has happened here. Has anyone called netgear or arlo?
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Njd617,

This is by design. After being idle for too long you will be automatically logged out and will need to sign back in.

JamesC

ChrisLnz
Initiate
Initiate

And how long is idle time - I got this message this morning for the first time ever, logged in again and now 6 hours later I am logged out again. Not acceptable for a camera security system.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
I want to say 10 minutes but I don't usually leave the app or browser just sitting there to watch.
jilbai
Aspirant
Aspirant

This upgrade does not solve the issues of session timeouts. How can I continuously monitor my cameras without having to login every 30 minutes? 

manfredz
Hero
Hero

if you continually monitor a cam, you'll go through a set of cameras every 8-12 hours.  A wired cam  is much more suitable for continued monitoring.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Use notifications so you are aware of when a recording has happened.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 9 In Conversation