Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 19 Replies
  • 27 Likes
  • 15 In Conversation
chamaway
Star
Star

Hello group... 

Love my Arlo system... have five cameras now and works great...

Only ONE real annoyance... I have found where I can turn off email notification by camera (rules) but cannot figure out where to turn off App Push Notifcation by camera... for example, I want to be notified by a push on the app when one of the cameras detects motion, but it sends me when any of the cameras do that are set to record on motion...  

So when someone walks up the drive I get TWO alerts... really want ONE alert but both cameras to record... 

Any ideas??? Thanks!!!

19 REPLIES 19
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

You can either turn on the Push notifications ( IOS; setting, notify, arlo app ) or off in the App...

Don't believe you can singlely turn off the Push for One camera as it's a sytem on or off.

( may be wrong, but don't see it in the ipad )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
chamaway
Star
Star

Seems like a lack of functionality... if you can selectively turn off emails your should be allowed to selectively turn off push notifcations???

socal92201
Initiate
Initiate

I have the same issue and wish there was a fix. 

pr7
Initiate
Initiate

Agree completely. Hopefully they'll put a mod out for that in an upcoming revision. 

Sshereec
Initiate
Initiate
Agree, we would like to only be notified by push notification for one camera and let the other three record without a notification.
chamaway
Star
Star

Arlo... how do we add this to the concern front???

Seems like what should be an easy fix... just allow us to have record without alert... 

Help... thanks!

Dany37
Initiate
Initiate

I'd like to have the solution, too !!!!

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

check and see if its a listed want and if so add kudos...

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo-Idea-Exchange/idb-p/arlo-idea-exchange

if not there, then add as  request, more likely to come to fruition with more requests/kudos

Morse is faster than texting!
Showguy
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

There is a funky work around for your issue if you don't mind getting a text message instead of an alert. 

1- turn push alerts off. 

2- go to the camera you want to receive an alert and follow the instructions below. 

To receive text message notifications instead of email notifications, you must convert a phone number into an email address. This is useful if you use a feature phone (as opposed to a smartphone) because feature phones are usually capable of sending and receiving text messages.

Before you convert a phone number into an email address, you need the email-to-text message format for your mobile phone service provider. Refer to the following list of email-to-text message formats by provider:

Alltel. cellnumber@message.alltel.com
AT&T. cellnumber@txt.att.net
Cingular. cellnumber@cingularme.com
Metro PCS. cellnumber@MyMetroPcs.com
Nextel. cellnumber@messaging.nextel.com
Powertel. cellnumber@ptel.net
Sprint. cellnumber@messaging.sprintpcs.com
SunCom. cellnumber@tms.suncom.com
T-Mobile. cellnumber@tmomail.net
US Cellular. cellnumber@email.uscc.net
Verizon. cellnumber@vtext.com
Virgin Mobile. cellnumber@vmobl.com

Check with your mobile phone service provider to confirm the format.

To receive text message notifications from your Arlo camera, complete the following steps:

Don12
Aspirant
Aspirant
I agree. Nothing more irritating than family of 5 home and moving about. Constant alarm of motion detected. Ding ding ding ding. Needs to be functional before best buy return period or I WILL return it
Ghepburn
Aspirant
Aspirant

Someone within Netgear must be remunerated to look after these aspects of the product. I myself realized that I needed such a function before I even bought the product and that is how I ended on this blog. Sad to find out that the function is lacking, that the programmers were not astute enough to think about it in the first place, and, above all, that they are not bothering to rectify ……. On a high note it is to comforting to understand that there is always a “gap in the market”…..

mkrieger
Tutor
Tutor

I agree - not being able to turn off push notification per camera is a real annoyance. It seems that it would be a very simple fix - just have an option to send push notifications in rules like there is for email.

Netgear/Arlo team - is this feature planned any time soon? 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

mkrieger,

Welcome to the community! I don't have any information on the release of more push notification customization options. I encourage you to visit the Arlo Idea Exchange and kudo existing or post there requesting this feature.

Regards,

JamesC

jtarlo23
Initiate
Initiate

Hi,

Try logging into arlo.netgear.com on your computer.  Select Mode--> Armed--> pick a camera--> Edit--> uncheck push notification.  You select which camera to turn off the push notification. 

It worked for me, I was able to selectively turn off my cameras; especially ones I have in the living room which are high traffic areas.

best of luck!

amitchell
Aspirant
Aspirant
this works!! thank you 🙂
amitchell
Aspirant
Aspirant
actually didn't work completely - set to do Nothing and it still sends alerts - Save is not enabled when i try to deselect all options

apprecite the tip and hope Netgear fixes this soon
Baypilot
Initiate
Initiate
This is a standard feature on other security and video surveillance systems, zone ignore, I live on a busy alley, I don't need an alert every time someone walks by, but I do want the the recordings
sdyarnell
Guide
Guide

Re-igniting this thread. My dog is tripping up multiple of my cameras very frequently, and I do not want those notificaitons. I only want the recordings to occur.

I have messed with the motion sensing sensitivity for both cameras, and I still get a lot of notifications even at 10%. I am worried going too low may cause it to barely record at all.

I need control of these notificaitons.

sdyarnell
Guide
Guide

After actually looking in the app, I can apparently control this. 

I have a different rule for each of my cameras. I just disabled push notificaitons for the rule.

Hope this helps someone, as I found this thread on google before finding anything that helps.