Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Screen Shot used for Captured Video

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Jenkinstod
Aspirant
Aspirant

I recommend that the screen shot used to represent motion-initiated videos be based on a very early frame, idealy the first or second frame in the video.  As it it now, it's a second or two into the video, and many times, by that point, the screen shot does not allow you to see what caused the video capture.  The result is that I have to review the video just to discover that it was me walking to get my mail, or something like that, where if the screen shot was based on the first couple of frames, I would easily see that it was me and could quickly delete it. 

This would really save me a lot of time cleaing out videos of me coming and going from my house or walking into my front yard.  I do realize I can turn off motion sensing for cameras or change the mode, but I prefer to keep the system monitoring my front yard even when I'm home and periodically coming and going.

Thanks,

Todd

2 REPLIES 2
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Check and see if request is here;  https://community.netgear.com/t5/Idea-Exchange/idb-p/arlo-idea-exchange

if not, put it in, if it is, give kudos ( more kudos ,more likely )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Jenkinstod
Aspirant
Aspirant

The posting you referenced seems to be focused on the lag between actual detection of motion and the start of recording, which I’ve noticed as well, but my comment is just based on the selection of screen shot image to represent videos in both the email notification and the library page.  If that image was within the first couple of frames, it will likely show the cause of the motion detection, and better allow you to decide whether you need to keep the video.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation