Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
dbats123
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am trying to get my cameras working using the scheduling feature. I created 2 modes, one that has all cameras on and one that only has 2 cameras on. Each is to be used at various times throughout the day. I set up each mode in the schedule for the times I want them to work but that mode doesnt seem to be active because cameras that are set to be off are still recording motion. Anyone have any ideas what I might try?

9 REPLIES 9
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

First remember that ONLY one MODE can be running at a time... starting a second mode will over ride the first.

If cameras are running when a mode should have them off, then the mode is prob set up wrong.

Start your MODE that Turns ALL CAMS ON...go to the camera view screen.  ALL the 'RUNNING MEN' should now be green meaning that motion is active on all cameras.

Check the other MODE for the two cameras and also make sure ONLY those two cameras have green 'running men'.

If the above are not correct, go to SETTINGS/MODE for all on, click the edit pencil, make sure the CHECK MARKS at the ends of the listed cameras are correct.... they will be GREEN if on, BLACK  if OFF...do the same for the other MODE ( only the two cams will have green check marks on )

If you change any thing, Don't forget to hit SAVE as you back out...some screens require save to be hit twice

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
dbats123
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for your feedback. I did check the 2 modes and the one that is for All cameras on does show green running men and the other does show only 2 of the green running men which is what they should be. I have them set up at different times. For example one is set to run from 7:00 pm to 11:30 am and the other is set to run at 11:31am to 6:59pm. Not sure if I need to keep that 1 minute gap I just thought they might be conflicting. If one mode is set to all cameras on even if for only part of the time would that overwrite any other modes?

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

BTW, what OS are you running??  there were some schedule glitches in IOS ( apple )

Yes, times can not overlap.... don't think the schedule will allow it anyway as from the old mode to new mode is one min difference.

But, yes.... Any new mode will supersede the previous.

If your running IOS, then try to set it up on a PC, or do a power button reset on the base station and let it reboot for a few mins and see it that helps.

Morse is faster than texting!
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

From my understanding and observation, there is no missing minute.  The stop time for one is all the way to 59 seconds for the stop and starts at 0 second for the minute the next schedule starts. Empirically, I don't see the green running man change on exactly the second it should stop although that could be due to 1) time difference between my computer (I set NTP time daily so it's never off by more than a few milliseconds) and the servers (which I'd believe would also have accurate time set) or 2) lag of the display because it wouldn't refresh every millisecond or even second.  Doesn't really matter other than to say there doesn't seem to be any loss of recording when the schedule switches.

dbats123
Aspirant
Aspirant

I set it up using the IOS APP. I also looked at it on my PC and everything seems to looks correct. I turned the power on and off and still have the same issue. If I click on the mode button at the bottom it shows me that it is on schedule and things look correct with the 2 modes set to turn on and off at the correct times. I am wondering if a full reset might do something?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I'm thinking that perhaps cameras actually haven't been deselected in the Settings/Mode area.  I find it difficult to be sure that the color is green or black and have to toggle them to be sure.  Worth a check, if nothing else.

DeannS
Arlo Employee Retired

Good morning dbats123,

In addition to jguerdat's reply, please take a look through the articles below.

These articles include important tips and how to's when it comes to Modes, Rules and Scheduling.

What are rules and how do I create them?

What are Modes and how do I use them?

Please let me know if these articles help.

I look forward to your response.

Thanks,

DeannS

Arlo Team

dbats123
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello DeannS, I still seem to be having issues. The modes look to be set up properly. "All Cameras on" have all in green and then "Front/Back Only" has just those 2 cameras in green. The schedule is set up with no overlap between modes. It seems like right now my schedule should have the "All cameras on" mode running however when I view the cameras it is showing the other mode as the current one with 2 cameras off. Thanks for your help and patience.

DeannS
Arlo Employee Retired

Good afternoon dbats123,

As we spoke about this morning, our Escalation team is now aware of this and is currently testing out possible fixes.

In the mean time, would you mind performing a factory reset on your system? 

• How to perform a factory reset: 

Push the Reset button (on the back of the base station) and the Sync button (on the side of the base station) for about 10 seconds or until all the LED lights on the base station blink amber. This procedure returns the base station to its factory settings. If your cameras were synced to the base station, you might need to sync the cameras again after the base station comes back online. For more information, see How do I set up and sync my Arlo cameras? 

Once you have completed the steps above, please continue to setup your Modes What are Modes and how do I use them?

Please let me know if this helps.

I appreciate your time and patience with this matter.

I look forward to your response.

Thanks,

DeannS

Arlo Team