Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Schedule Issues

Discussion stats
  • 15 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 10 In Conversation
Mwright91
Initiate
Initiate

I am having HUGE issues with my Arlo that I haven't read on here before. I'll try and break it down here. I've been going back and forth with Netgear Level 2 tech support and nothing has been done.

Issues:

1.Arlo is not staying in schedule mode. It seems to have a mind of its own. It will place itself into the schedule mode, "all motion on", and "all motion off" all on its own.

2. The schedule that shows on the web app is not the same on my Android app. It does not appear to remember the days of the week correctly and shuffles the hours of "motion on" and "motion off" for the incorrect days.

3. Email notifications have stopped coming through.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Actions taken to date:

1. Reinstalled and installed app the phone.

2. Reset base station and re-sync cameras.

3. Reactive base station and re-sync cameras.

I want this product to work. I want to sell it to my friends and family, but the result so far feels more like an Alpha (Beta would be too far along).

Please help me out!!!!!! I have asked for Netgear to please elevate this above their Level 2 support and nothing has occured.

15 REPLIES 15
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you read this previous thread ...   it may help.

( I know you reset the base, but have you tried to deactivate the base station from the account and reclaiming it?  **third post from end** )

see ; https://community.netgear.com/t5/Troubleshooting/Schedule-Calendar-not-displaying-through-a-browser/...

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
Mwright91
Initiate
Initiate

Tried all steps mentioned in that post. No luck.

ChristineT
Arlo Employee Retired

Good afternoon MWright91,

I'll send you a private message with my direct contact number. I would love an opportunity to work with you and engage one of our engineers to expedite getting this issue resolved.

I'll be back in touch asap.

Best Regards,

Christine - Arlo Team

____
Please click KUDOS or REPLY if you found this helpful.
ChristineT
Arlo Employee Retired

A BIG Thanks to MWright91!!!

We have discovered an inconsistancy issue with the schedule and the day the week actually starts on. In the mobile apps the week starts on Sunday whereas on the web interface the week starts on Monday. The iOS app accounts for the correct schedule for each day. However, the Android app appears to display the schedule for Monday although the header of the week shows Sunday. We are investigating the full scope of this issue and will work diligently to get the fix implemented as quickly as possible.

Thanks again MWright91 for reporting this! Stay tuned for the fix!

Best Regards,

Christine - Arlo Team

____
Please click KUDOS or REPLY if you found this helpful.
aqpeeb
Aspirant
Aspirant

Changing the schedule in the desktop app does not seem to "take".  By that I mean, the change is reflected in the website, and I can log out and back again and see the change, but ... The change I made was to define a new mode called "gardner" which turned off motion detection in the backyard on thursday afternoon.  Applied that to the schedule and saved.  Yet, motion was still being detected and alerts generated.  Then I opened the iOS app and noticed the change in the schedule had not been applied!  The new mode was there, "gardner", but the schedule was not updated.  I changed the schedule in the app, and motion stopped being detected.

Don_U
Star
Star

Hmmm, it's been a month. No fix yet to the smartphone app?

It's very annoying to try and make a schedule change on the app and not be certain which day of the week it is without having to mentally correct for Netgear's softwear writing issue.

I don't get that your web-portal has Monday as the first day of the week. EVERY calendar in the free world shows SUNDAY as the first day of the week.

Did any normal person QA and sign off on this?

Had I known that myself and others were going to be beta testers of this NOT-MARKET-READY product, I never would have purchased.

kirayamato369
Tutor
Tutor

Bought my Arlo about two days ago from Best Buy. Noticed the same issue with the scheduling on the app (using Android 4.4.4, Galxy Note Edge). The only way for me to use the scheduling properly is through a regular web browser.

Hopefully they can fix this.

cbates28
Aspirant
Aspirant

Bought my Arlo about a week days ago from Best Buy. Noticed the same issue with the scheduling on the app (Iphone4). How can i get rid of scheduling. Whei i turn it off it still stops email notifications.

Bill

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If you turned the schedule off and you're still getting email notifications it would seem that the mode is set to "All motion on".  You can manually turn off emails if you like or set the mode to "All motion off".

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

to verify all motion is turned off.... chenck the 'running man' in the camera live view screen... all motion OFF , all men should be GRAY (green means active )

cbates28
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just the opposite when I set the mode to have all motion on they turn off after a while and the schedule says all motion off. Even though the schedule was deactivated.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

cbates28 wrote:

Just the opposite when I set the mode to have all motion on they turn off after a while and the schedule says all motion off. Even though the schedule was deactivated.

The IOS schedule is a little tricky to follow at times...

First you have to go into the schedule to set the times ON and pick the CAMERA MODE wanted.  After doing so, hit DONE and then BACK out to the main mode screen...

You now TOGGLE on the SCHEDULE bar at the top of the mode list.

At this point if the previous scheduled time is NOT current, the SCHEDULE line at the end will list ALL MOTION OFF ( default ) and will remain so till the time requested is current... It does look like the MOTION isn't activate tho because it's not the proper time yet.

BTW, in schedule screen where the time / mode is picked , there's a small 'bar' on the left side showing the current time and the current DAY will be a darker green.

suegmc
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same issue.   If I turn off the schedule and put "all motion on" then often I look and the motion is off again.  It has a mind of its own 😞

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

suegmc,

When this happens do you notice if the green running man on the cameras screen turns grey?  If you have a schedule set the active mode will change depending on whether or not it is set to be active for a given time. However, if you have all motion set to on or off it should not change unless you tell it to. If it does, please consider a factory reset of your base station to restore the default modes and let me know if you are still getting the same results.

Thank you!

JamesC

suegmc
Aspirant
Aspirant

The running man goes gray quite often during the day, even though I have turned off the schedule and set it to "motion on".   I guess I will try to reboot later.

Discussion stats
  • 15 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 10 In Conversation