Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
Fscottwill
Tutor
Tutor
I was hoping to be able to check my arlo camera on my front door from my Samsung tv.

I can navigate and log into the arlo website using the web browser app on the tv's smart hub but...

I can not view the cameras because it says my Flash Player is out of date and it provides a link to update. Adobe then reports that there is no new player for my operating system.

I am hoping netgear will release an app for Samsung tvs.

Does anyone know of a work around in the mean time?
9 REPLIES 9
Fscottwill
Tutor
Tutor

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Since you're using a TV web browser, there is no way to update. You could try to get Samsung to support Flash or go to the requests forum (look fo rthe Submit An Idea or similar link on the right of these pages) and add kudos to any posts for HTML5 support.  Of course, even if HTML5 is supported by Arlo, the TV may not.

Fscottwill
Tutor
Tutor

I am thinking that the best option may be to just add a cheap android box and download the arlo app to it....

Royboys
Aspirant
Aspirant

UN65JU670DF

I have exactly the same problem, if you or anyobe at Netgear have a solution?

I can view my Arlo cameras on my mobile, tablet, desktop, but not my TV, where I could get amazing views and clarity on the large screen and save having to get out of bed for external activations.

Great system- pitty about this drawback!

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you tried the TV browser?  It should work for everything but live view (and maybe pan/zoom).

jimmyyz
Guide
Guide

I have tried to open the link to my arlo/ netgear on my Samsung tv many times. It will open on iphone, I pad, laptop browser with no issues. It will not open link to arlo or Netgear on samsung browser or from Yahoo email alerts on my tv.The message is  server not found, any help or updates would be appreciated.

manofice
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I don't think that is going to work. I use my Apple TV that is connected to my TV to view via my TV. Just adding alternatives to view on your TV.

jimmyyz
Guide
Guide

I was wondering if there is an app that could be downloaded to the tv so i could open the links

Trackerone
Aspirant
Aspirant
Your right it works for me all library videos work ok but live does not, so I have mine on library only at moment, it's strange videos and not live can be watched
Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation