Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Running man

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
arlogf277
Aspirant
Aspirant

Got a 2 camera system today VMS 3230
I dont understand the running man colors.
Im only getting grey in live 
and black when not live

Im in armed mode right now
Is it still detecting motion?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What you see is correct.  When a mode is set to allow detection/recording (you're using Armed), the running men will be black.  When disarmed in any way, they're gray.  Live view will always supercede detection/recording so the men turn gray.  If you need a recording while live viewing, manually hit the record (red "target") icon to start and stop the recording.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What you see is correct.  When a mode is set to allow detection/recording (you're using Armed), the running men will be black.  When disarmed in any way, they're gray.  Live view will always supercede detection/recording so the men turn gray.  If you need a recording while live viewing, manually hit the record (red "target") icon to start and stop the recording.

ckl
Aspirant
Aspirant
This may be a separate issue. I'm seeing what you mentioned above in my wired Arlo, but it doesn't record live or when detecting something. I see its armed and working with black Wi-Fi signal, and I get prompted when motion is detected. But when I check the number of recordings, it says 0. Also when I press the live button on my phone, the camera ignores it. It was working perfectly for months up until a few days ago. Any reason why?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Hard to say remotely but I'd try resetting your Q and resync to see if that helps.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation