Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Running Man Stays Green Even When All Motion Off is Selected

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
Chris10
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi All, I installed Arlo today and the cameras all work. I set up one rule to start testing for one camera to send an email alert when motion is detected. I added that one rule to the "All Motion On" and "All Motion Off" modes. When I choose "All Motion Off" the running man icon stays green and the system continues to send alerts tpo the app (on IPad and Phone) as well as the email address. The only way I have been able to get it to not send an alert is bu deleting the Rule - which is not a solution since the idea is to be able to arm these to activate, record and alert when motion is detected while we are away. Any ideas on why this is happening will be greatly appreciated, Thanks

Chris

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JPC
Prodigy
Prodigy

If you can go back to "All Motion Off" under "Settings--Modes" and Click Edit on top right corner of your iPad/iPhone.. You should see all cameras registered and if you see anything it's not shaded gray, it means it's going to send that alert.. You can tap on it to get it back to shaded gray so it will not send alerts anymore.. and save the settings.. it should do the trick

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
JPC
Prodigy
Prodigy

If you can go back to "All Motion Off" under "Settings--Modes" and Click Edit on top right corner of your iPad/iPhone.. You should see all cameras registered and if you see anything it's not shaded gray, it means it's going to send that alert.. You can tap on it to get it back to shaded gray so it will not send alerts anymore.. and save the settings.. it should do the trick

Chris10
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi JPC, thank you - that worked, basically there are no rules needed for the All Motion Off mode to work and that was confusing to me. I really appreciate the help

Chris10

RNMSCNOR
Tutor
Tutor

Hi,

I am having the same problem. I have had Arlo for several months. boyh the last couple of weeks this problem started and I can not seem to fix it. If someone could give me a step by step trouble shooting solution, i would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Did you try JPC's reply a couple of posts above yours? 

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation