Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
vphan1004
Aspirant
Aspirant

So I have an issue. I just bought an Arlo Pro 4 camera system and a Samsung SmartThings Home kit for my house. I like that the smartthings alerts me when I open and close certain doors. I've setup the Arlo system with SmartThings for the motion sensors. I set the rules in the Arlo app for start recording when motion is sense and record for a set amount of time. Then in the smartthing hub app, I set routines where the cameras turn on when I leave and turn off when I come home. The issue is that the rules will randomly delete or reset in the Arlo app and I cant understand why. Has anyone come across this issue? I've uninstalled and reinstalled the apps and hardware but no luck.

8 REPLIES 8
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

I do believe someone else has/had a similar issue... if I find thethread, I'll post it to you

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
vphan1004
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, please.. 🙏

ddorten
Star
Star

I believe that was my original posting, repeated below. The issue persists and I await some response on how to resolve it. There has been a firmware problem and an impending fix previously referenced but I haven't heard whether the fix will remedy this issue. Frustrating to say the least.

Re: Arlo Pro Audio & Rules

I'd have to say with Smartthings. The integration of Arlo into STs went very well. To adjust the audio settings, I go into Arlo, then mode, then "Arlo Hub - Smartthings" appears. Tap that and I get choices of Armed, Disarmed, Schedule, Geofencing and finally Smartthings. Open STs and I get a list of cameras using (I suspect) serial numbers, despite having given the cameras names that appear as I defined them in Arlo's devices listing and under things in STs. Open any camera in the Arlo venue and I have choices to edit motion, messaging, names, audio etc. I have previously turned off audio and notifications, and selected to record sixty seconds of video if motion is detected. Under STs, if I select any camera under "Things" I have options for editing the camera which include night vision, power management, motions sensitivity, audio sensitivity and microphone, etc. If under Arlo's application I have turned off the audio, as described above, under this STs camera editing section I find the audio sensitivity remains at level 3 and the microphone is off. When the system is armed I will get spammed with messages indicating that audio has been detected at one or more camera locations. If I open Arlo's Mode, "Arlo Hub - Smartthings" and select the offending camera, I find the audio is now listed as "on", as are push notifications. My previous selection to record sixty seconds of video if motion is detected has been replaced by the choice "Do Nothing". Once I receive an alert about audio being detected I have to open the Arlo app drill down to the camera under the STs mode as stated and change the settings back to my choices for any camera listed in the alert messaging.

Sorry for the long winded explanation. I am hoping greater detail will aid your investigation and resolution of the problem. 

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Thanks...yes, I was looking fro your thread...

Not having / running Smartthings I couldn't really offer much info.  May be you could assist him fiq'ing the issue out

ddorten
Star
Star

I haven't been able to resolve the issue despite several hours of trial and error. There seems to be an abundance of similarly frustrated users of Arlo Pro and Smartthings in the community. I am hoping someone in support & engineering monitors this site and will resolve the issue.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

I mentioned it to the few ears that listen to me... maybe will help

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

I have escalated this topic for further investigation. I will post an update when I have more information.

JamesC

ddorten
Star
Star

Thank you. If someone wants to speak with me in an effort to isolate the issue(s), just let me know.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation