Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Roll back to 1.x software version

Discussion stats
Arlo4Me
Tutor
Tutor
I don't like that the new 2.x software version accesses the microphone, don't like the loss of the camera battery level indicator, and don't like the removal of icon color on the camera view. How do I roll back to the previous software version?
27 REPLIES 27
Arlo4Me
Tutor
Tutor

Sdm100
Initiate
Initiate
Net gear stupid move with **bleep** upgrade
Puluke
Tutor
Tutor

Also now new app doesn't rotate to portrait position on my I pad or I phone great job Netgear. It was not broke why did you fix it? Fire your beta testers. . Your programmers  are trying to justify their jobs by always making changes.

nickgtr35
Apprentice
Apprentice

Exactly why on earth do they relaese an app that does not work

Twosmiles
Tutor
Tutor

Hi

did you have reply please. I hate v2 and also want to roll back software...

JDcam
Initiate
Initiate
I agree. The new app is broken. I only had my arlo a short time when the app was changed. Thinking about returning it now if this is what I can expect. Loved my 3 cameras before the app was updated.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You can manually roll back by uninstalling the current version and going to https://apkpure.com/arlo/com.netgear.android to download the older versions.  I've done so, scanning the file and installing with no problems. I truly don't recommend it since there's new features that may not work or be accessible.  I agree that the new app's interface is significantly different but that doesn't mean it's necessarily broken but could simply be a resistance to change (we all do that). 

Twosmiles
Tutor
Tutor

I hi thx for in fo. I'm not against change but it's unusable for me at t he moment because I cannot get portrait pictures on my iPad, unless you know how to do this? I may be being silly but can get most other apps to output in portrait and landscape....

nickgtr35
Apprentice
Apprentice

hi change is ok but the new app simply does not work. The battery level indicators are missing on the updated android app just not acceptable because the old android app had them. Netgear Arlo have released it too early before its finished.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Twosmiles,

You can rotate the video or live stream to landscape mode by clicking the "arrows" button in the bottom right hand corner of the video/stream. 

nickgtr35,

The battery indicator is still available on the web ui. We are aware of the missing battery indicator on the mobile app. We are working on a fix that will be provided in the next release which will be available in the very near future. 

JamesC

lumpyheatpad
Star
Star
I agree with change is generally good. However, for me my security system no longer functions. My driveway camera (camera 1) reads "5" videos but none of these videos show up on the mobile app. They are there on the website. I've uninstalled the mobile app and reinstalled it. They still don't show up. I found a "hack" to get them to show up on the mobile app. If I pull up a video from another camera (camera 2) and delete it, the video from camera 1 shows up on the mobile app. This hack is unacceptable because I have to delete videos that I might want to keep. I have my cameras setup to all record when camera 1 detects motion. 2 and 3 record as well as 1. Maybe there's a glitch where videos with the same time stamp don't work on the mobile app. Viewing the videos worked fine before the update to the mobile app. This is a show stopper for me because I shouldn't have to sign into the desktop version to see who is in my driveway. I'd take the old software back if that's an option.
lumpyheatpad
Star
Star
Ps, the videos I'm referring to were recorded this morning. I tested before posting this.
Twosmiles
Tutor
Tutor

No I want to convert landscape to portrait.

The arrows simply expand (or contract) the picture, and it stays in landscape :(.

Kuodruk
Tutor
Tutor

I Agree,

the new version is not responsive. 

I bought Arlo System as a present for my folks that are 70+ years old. My father have a IPhone 3GS (very old, but he don't want to change it).

The new version, doesn't allow my father to access his cameras with that phone any more, also right now is not fully multilanguage (very important, in this case, because they don't know english) and the icons are to small for them.

It lost the flexibility that had, please any solucions?

Maybe, a chance to download the old version.

Thanks.

borregonegro121
Tutor
Tutor
Not that I'm resistant to an upgrade; however, when I expect a favorite video to be there & it was deleted by the upgrade, I now have no evidence to prove a man was knocking on my door with an ax and gloves on. Can the support team retrieve that video? I'm sure if the FEDS wanted it, they could get it!
Gizmo7
Aspirant
Aspirant
To view in portrait/landscape mode toggle the full screen arrows after pressing play. It seems it was automatic before the upgrade!
Gizmo7
Aspirant
Aspirant
Version 2.0 adds no benefits for me!
1. Green screens are annoying!
2. Recording icon barely visible!
3. IPhone app crashes when trying to view recordings!
4. What inprovements were made?
Twosmiles
Tutor
Tutor

Hi

doesnt work for me, screen just goes big or small......

Twosmiles
Tutor
Tutor

Hi

i agree. Does anyone actually find v2 better?

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Favorite videos were never protected from deletion, the "favorite" was to be used more as a filter

The reason for the major upgrade was to bring in the sw for the new powered Q cam, to allow it to merge into the Arlo system...

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
rbrignac
Guide
Guide

Is there a way to download the older version? When I download the new update it tells me my phone needs IOs 7.0 to work. It then gives me an option to download an older version but it still doesn't work. Hoefully I won't have to buy a new phone.

ToastyFlake
Apprentice
Apprentice

He was trying to view the image in portrait, not landscape. It appears portrait view is no longer available. 

edrodgers
Aspirant
Aspirant
Since updating to the new app none of my cameras show up. A message says no internet connection even though my internet works fine. Any suggestions!
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

edrodgers wrote:
Since updating to the new app none of my cameras show up. A message says no internet connection even though my internet works fine. Any suggestions!

you can reboot the base via the power button... easy thing to try first.

Morse is faster than texting!