Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Recording

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
lnglgs1
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have four cameras and do not want to record while I'm home. Is there an easy way to turn off the system while I'm here then turn it back on when I leave and have all cameras start up at once? I am getting 100's of push notifications an hour, help:-)! Thx

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I think your question was answered elsewhere (one post per subject helps keep track of this).  Yes, you can set up rules and modes so each camera is controlled individually.  Start with creating a rule for each camera (Settings, Rules) and then assign them to modes (Settings, Modes).  You can then set up a schedule in the Mode page by dragging and dropping as appropriate.

As for the long range camera, try moving the camera first and check to see what signal level is detected by the base.  Your only choice, as noted in other replies, would be to move the base to a more central location relative to ALL cameras by using a long cable and/or moving your router.  Since the base sets up its own WiFi connection to the cameras, you have no control over that and must keep the cameras in range.  Also, as noted before, the other option would be to add more base stations which is a much more expensive solution.  It all depends on the distance to be covered...

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

lnglgs1 wrote:

I have four cameras and do not want to record while I'm home. Is there an easy way to turn off the system while I'm here then turn it back on when I leave and have all cameras start up at once? I am getting 100's of push notifications an hour, help:-)! Thx

You must have lots of activity or sensitivity is set too high! Wow!

The easiest way to do this is to set a schedule, assuming that you have regular hours. If not, there's no one step process by default. You would need to use the app or web browser and go to the Mode page where you can manually set All motion On or Off.

lnglgs1
Aspirant
Aspirant

Can I turn motion off on one camera and keep the other three on motion?? Also I want to move a camera further away the the base will allow, what would I use/need to make that happen?  I'm not much of a techie as you can tell:-) Thx

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I think your question was answered elsewhere (one post per subject helps keep track of this).  Yes, you can set up rules and modes so each camera is controlled individually.  Start with creating a rule for each camera (Settings, Rules) and then assign them to modes (Settings, Modes).  You can then set up a schedule in the Mode page by dragging and dropping as appropriate.

As for the long range camera, try moving the camera first and check to see what signal level is detected by the base.  Your only choice, as noted in other replies, would be to move the base to a more central location relative to ALL cameras by using a long cable and/or moving your router.  Since the base sets up its own WiFi connection to the cameras, you have no control over that and must keep the cameras in range.  Also, as noted before, the other option would be to add more base stations which is a much more expensive solution.  It all depends on the distance to be covered...

Miggle
Tutor
Tutor

I am adding this for the record.  There is no way to do so, but I do wish there was some type of on/off toggle that you could use when you are at home and don't need the cameras to run that would bypass the regular schedule.  Maybe controlled by your cell phone app.  That would be awfully nice.   I get tons of video of my huskies during the day when I am home with them and all I can think about is draining the arlo batteries.  🙂

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation