Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

I may be returning these to Best Buy

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
larryj2112
Follower
Follower

Okay, so I bought the 4 pack with basestation over this past weekend.  These were not my first choice.  I really want to install Ubiquiti PoE's.  However I didn't want to spend the money and time installing them.  Running CAT5 in the attic, all that.  So these were a nice choice.    So I'll get to the point. 

1)  When I open the app, the cameras do not "Auto-Play", they should.  Is this an option that I can turn on some where?  When I hit "play" on each image, it takes quite awhile before the image starts showing live video.  I use to have some Foscams in stalled... they played everytime I opened the app and always connected... which leads to number 2.

2)  The day and the day after I installled them, I never got any "Request Timed Out" I get this 80% of the time now.  Or "The camera failed to connect, please try again".  When the camera does connect, i am confused by the date and time.  If i am viewing live video, does the clock not show the current time?  Is it only showing the time it started playing or last sucessfully connected?  Sometimes it is tough to tell if there is no motion, if i am viewing a live video or not.

Arlo.JPG

3) Motion Detection Alerts.  I just can not seem to figure this out.  I have read many posts here and watched YouTube videos and just can't seem to get it.  I consider my self pretty "tech savy" but i can't get this one.  I only want motion turned on for one of my cameras, the front door.  That I want on at all times, regardless if I am home or not.  The other three, I don't want to set a schedule for, but I want to be able to turn it (montion detection alerts) on with one button.  I did have it working once for a bit, but my phone was blowing up so I turned it off.

Is there anything i am missing or do i just need to keep playing with these and the settings to get them to act they way I want them to?  Thanks for the help.

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Lots here.

1) This is normal behavior.  The general issue is battery life but is a design issue, regardless.

2) App or browser or both?  This can be due to network access speeds, backend server issues or whatever.  A first step could be to log out and back in when this happens.

3) Alerts - app or email?  App alerts have to be enabled in the system setting for the app.  Emails have to be set in the rules.  Ensure that they're enabled (green checkmark) and that an email is selected.  Be usre to save twice on the way out - once for the email and one for the rule.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation