Record a few seconds before montion is detected

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
EagleEye
Follower
Follower
Please include this feature in future update.

Once motion is detected, capture the recording a few seconds before the detection?
For example, if motion detected time is 1:10pm, record from 1:01pm to 1:19pm.
5 REPLIES 5
Hula_Rock
Prodigy Prodigy
Prodigy

EagleEye wrote:
Please include this feature in future update.

Once motion is detected, capture the recording a few seconds before the detection?
For example, if motion detected time is 1:10pm, record from 1:01pm to 1:19pm.

your not going to like the answer......

Detected motion tells the camera to TURN ON  and start the recording process.  This is how the system reserves battery life.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

correct.... since the camera is basicly in a sleep mode.... it does not have the ability to process data pre wake-up ( there's no pre buffering )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
peltz21
Aspirant
Aspirant

the old vuezone used to do this very well - i could then set my sensitivity very high and dismiss alerts because it wasn't hard to tell what set it off.  now with arlo, i get alerts and i have no idea why they went off.  i would gladly trade battery life for this ability - please add my  +1 to this suggestion

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I'm not familiar withe VueZone system but if it was a powered system that would explain why it worked that way. The Arlo Q cameras are powered and do this since they're always streaming. If you did this with the wireless cameras you'd be changing batteries every day or two.

peltz21
Aspirant
Aspirant
Vuezone was the predecessor of Arlo, before netgear bought them. They worked exactly the same - batteries and all. So I don't know the specifics of why this feature worked with them and not with Arlo but I just know they did this just fine and I didn't have to change the batteries daily at all.
Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation