Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Record 1 hr Classroom Sessions

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
RevMike
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have 4 Arlo Pro 2 cameras. 1 per classroom. Just purchased this system yesterday.

I want to schedule the cameras to continuously record classrooms for about 1.5 hours only on Sunday and Wednesday. Hopefully I can set a schedule to do this but the cameras appear to only record 300 seconds max. Since the cameras will be indoors I can connect them to a/c.

How can I increase the record time?

2 REPLIES 2
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

You can't.... except doing a Live Record ( manually )

But, even then Pro/Pro2 cams time out at aprox 30 mins max.

Only with the cameras on AC power AND the CVR paid option they will record 24/7... but then you do not have a way to d/l the video as it is viewable only  ( unless you export with a third party software )

In end, these cameras are not suitable to what you want to do as they were not designed to function this way

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
RevMike
Aspirant
Aspirant

Any recommendations? I have several classrooms in different bldgs and need the versatility of wireless. Does Arlo have a camera that will do what I need, sound, video, wireless and extended recording? The cameras will be indoors. 

i tried manual recording and true, it lasted about 30 minutes before it timed out. I'm on the free plan and was able to move the file to Google Drive and view it.  I havent tried it on a/c. 

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation