Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 6 In Conversation
Martinnc
Tutor
Tutor

This feature seems to have been outphased with recent updates!?

I am no longer able to administer a scenario like described above where motion on one camera triggers the camera itself records, but at the same time triggers another to record.

I think this feature is essential for an overall monitoring solution. 

Please advise if I am missing where to find these settings.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Martinnc,

This can be done by making two seperate rules in a custom mode:

If Cam A detects motion then record on Cam A

If Cam A detects motion then record on Cam B

For more information on how to make modes and rules see here: How do I create and define Modes and Rules?

JamesC

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Martinnc,

This can be done by making two seperate rules in a custom mode:

If Cam A detects motion then record on Cam A

If Cam A detects motion then record on Cam B

For more information on how to make modes and rules see here: How do I create and define Modes and Rules?

JamesC

Martinnc
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks, that helped. I am actually using a custom Mode, so rules should simply be administered from there:-)

njdg
Tutor
Tutor

I read the referred document and documentation in the app.  I created custom mode custom rules for each camera of a two camera system.  I could not cause these cameras to become active together by clicking mode custom, nor station armed. Why is this?  I'm afraid I do not follow the if/then scheme presented as an explanation.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If you want to configure both cameras at the same time, you only need one mode but with two rules. When you create the mode, you only get to configure one camera. Reedit the mode and use the Add Rule button to start the process to set up the second camera. Go slowly and make sure you choose the second camera for both motion detection as well as a second time to record. Save when done. That should set up the mode properly. Select the mode and go to the Cameras tab to verify that the running men are black, not gray.

JayBd
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have followed all the advice and instructions in this post but unfortunately still can not get it to work.

I can not get two cameras to record from one trigger.

I have added a new Mode and created the rules correctly but the trigger camera (Camera 1) never records after motion is detected - only Camera 2 records. I have reset the base station, turned the cameras on and off, applied the rules to other cameras, rearranged the rules so that the cameras are in different order, set all the camera settings to the same values etc, etc, etc, but always the same result.

Others are obviously able to get this to work - any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Jay

Schorschi
Prodigy
Prodigy
There is currently a bug in the system where only one camera seems to be recording when two are programmed. People have reported it and it has been acknowledged by the moderators and they have escalated it for fixing.
JayBd
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you Schorschi
I appreciate the reply.

That explains why I could not set up and get to work correctly.

Let's hope that the fix is soon.
Jay

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

A fix was released over the weekend that has addressed this issue. Please let me know if you are still experiencing problems with your rules.

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 6 In Conversation