Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
mlknez
Luminary
Luminary

I understand that Arlo uses RTSP for it's live stream.  What is the exact RTSP path that I must use to get a valid live stream and are there any optional switches?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mlknez
Luminary
Luminary

I found out the unfortunate answer from a Netgear product manager.  The RTSP stream is encrypted and thus cannot be used to integrate with other software.  This makes the Arlo a security device not a surveillence one.  My clients will not be able to use it.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

I hadn't heard of their format listed but it may be Real Time Streaming Protocol as you say.

If your asking to get a LOCAL live feed, at this time, it's not possible as per Netgear ( but they have said it may be a future option ).

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
dcoffin
Tutor
Tutor

I am interested too. Distinguished by camera of course. Important feature. Thanks.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

prob best option is to place a request to netgear.

see;  https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo-Idea-Exchange/idb-p/arlo-idea-exchange

Morse is faster than texting!
mlknez
Luminary
Luminary

I already have, but usually the forum for a software is full of enthusiasts who often no more than the average support tech.

mlknez
Luminary
Luminary

I found out the unfortunate answer from a Netgear product manager.  The RTSP stream is encrypted and thus cannot be used to integrate with other software.  This makes the Arlo a security device not a surveillence one.  My clients will not be able to use it.

Chris_Knowlton
Aspirant
Aspirant

Too bad the encryption is not configurable. I have many customers looking for such a device without encryption.

mlknez wrote:

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I'm not sure an unencrypted stream would be to most folks liking any more than a straight http connection to your bank. Ok, maybe a poor analogy but do you really want an insecure system? Grabbing it from the local network is one thing - unencrypted over the Internet is something else.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation