Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Question on Mode Selection. Recording, and Notifications - Is It Possible?

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Mording Aspirant
Aspirant

Afternoon

I am currently using Arlo Pro cameras. I currently use geofencing and it has worked well. For the away mode, I am using "Armed". For home, I am using "Schedule". Basically, we get notifications while away from home or after certain hours at night.

Moving forward, I am adding solar panels to several of the cameras so that we can record on all motion.

Is there a mode that I can setup to achieve the following while being automated (not changing modes):

• Receive notifications when away from home via geogencing
  • Receive notifications at certain hours of the night via schedule
  • Record all motion, but only get notified during the 2 criteria above
  • Have this automated so that I do not have to manage changing modes

We are using geofencing to achieve items 1 and 2 currently, but adding the 3rd item to always record without notifications does not seem possible.

Please let me know if anyone has any ideas. Many an IFTTT setup?

Model: VMC4030| Arlo Pro Wire-Free Camera
Neil4688 Aspirant
Aspirant
I’m interested in this as well. Is it possible to have the cameras always record motion but only send notifications during certain hours?
zorg54 Aspirant
Aspirant

I m alså intrested of that too. And add feature:

is it possible to take a scheduled snap shot whitout any detection and send it by E-mail ?

Mording Aspirant
Aspirant

I was able to find a way to achieve this per my original question. Since I use "schedule" while I'm home via geofencing, I just setup an additional item on my schedule for the hours I do not need it armed/notifications. It still records, but I am not notified. I created a mode called "Record, No Notifications". I then have my schedule use this mode during regular hours. At night it sends me notifications. When I leave the geofencing zone, the system arms and I am notified as well.

Hope this helps!

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation