Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Mording
Aspirant
Aspirant

Afternoon

I am currently using Arlo Pro cameras. I currently use geofencing and it has worked well. For the away mode, I am using "Armed". For home, I am using "Schedule". Basically, we get notifications while away from home or after certain hours at night.

Moving forward, I am adding solar panels to several of the cameras so that we can record on all motion.

Is there a mode that I can setup to achieve the following while being automated (not changing modes):

• Receive notifications when away from home via geogencing
  • Receive notifications at certain hours of the night via schedule
  • Record all motion, but only get notified during the 2 criteria above
  • Have this automated so that I do not have to manage changing modes

We are using geofencing to achieve items 1 and 2 currently, but adding the 3rd item to always record without notifications does not seem possible.

Please let me know if anyone has any ideas. Many an IFTTT setup?

3 REPLIES 3
Neil4688
Aspirant
Aspirant
I’m interested in this as well. Is it possible to have the cameras always record motion but only send notifications during certain hours?
zorg54
Aspirant
Aspirant

I m alså intrested of that too. And add feature:

is it possible to take a scheduled snap shot whitout any detection and send it by E-mail ?

Mording
Aspirant
Aspirant

I was able to find a way to achieve this per my original question. Since I use "schedule" while I'm home via geofencing, I just setup an additional item on my schedule for the hours I do not need it armed/notifications. It still records, but I am not notified. I created a mode called "Record, No Notifications". I then have my schedule use this mode during regular hours. At night it sends me notifications. When I leave the geofencing zone, the system arms and I am notified as well.

Hope this helps!

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation