Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Some customers in Australia and New Zealand regions may be experiencing problems with live streaming and motion recordings not saved to library. We are working to resolve this issue, please see status.arlo.com for the latest information.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
nhut0420
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am unable to get push notification to work on just one camera on the new app update as I've set a mode where there's motion on one of my camera then it'll record on all of my cameras and I've deselected push notifications and email alert on all of my rules in the mode except for the one rule that when motion is detected on that camera it'll record on that camera. I should only get one push and email alert for the camera that set off the motion instead I still get alerts for all of my cameras and before the app update I was able to get an email alert on the camera that set off the motion only but now I get alert on all of my cameras. Please help!
8 REPLIES 8
spygirl71
Initiate
Initiate

I'm unable to get any notifications on my Ios.  I've checked my notification settings on Iphone and all is set as was before the update.  What gives?  Checking email is not an option I choose because I don't get right away due to manual push notifications.  If this can't be fixed how I can go back to previous version? 

Viperbird
Guide
Guide

Which mode do you have selected under the Modes tab in your Arlo app? Try editing the selected mode by clicking on the pencil/edit button to the right of the mode and then clicking on the rule for the camera you want to edit settings. On the next page (rules page) towards the bottom make sure that push notificantions is checked.

nhut0420
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have deselected all notifications except for the one that detected motion but I still get push notifications and email alert for all of my cameras a total of 4 cameras so when one of my cameras detects motion I get 4 push and 4 email alerts. When the app wasn't updated I would get all 4 push notifications but only one email alert so I know which camera set off the motion which I prefer but now I get 4 push and 4 email alerts even when I don't have the push or email alerts selected.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

nhut0420,

Have you checked to make sure the changes you made were committed? Be sure to click save after any changes made to each cameras rule.

JamesC

nhut0420
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes I did hit save every time I make changes to a rule and I have deselected all notifications except for the camera that set off the motion. Example motion on cam 1 record on cam 2 notification off, motion on cam 1 record on cam 3 notification off, motion on cam 1 record on cam 4 notification off, motion on cam 1 record on cam 1 notification on. Same setting for cam 2, 3, and 4 but I will still get 4 push and 4 email alert when one of my cam set off motion. Before the update I would get 4 push but just one email alert for the cam that detected motion which is a good thing so I know which 4 of my camera detected the motion now since I get 4 push and 4 email alerts I am unable to know which cam detected the motion
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

nhut0420,

I will continue to investigate this issue any additional information you could provide would be useful. 

Thank you,

JamesC

Mpu
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi there

I'm unabble to get push notifications on my iphone like before since i update the apps can anyone help me how to going back to old apps so i can get the notifications again please 

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Mpu wrote:

Hi there

I'm unabble to get push notifications on my iphone like before since i update the apps can anyone help me how to going back to old apps so i can get the notifications again please 

You have to go back and edit the push notification for each camera since the updates .. as each camera can be on/off now.

The old apps have been changed to merge in the new Q cam , so going back is prob not going to works unless you can find an old version floating out there in the web.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation