Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
chazbot
Follower
Follower

Two iOS 6 iPhones. Was working great for me until I had my wife install the app on her phone, added her as an admin. Now I'm only getting email notifications, no longer push. Neither my wife nor I. I created new modes, reboot the main box, checked notification settings on the OS. I've only had this for 3 days. I need push notifications to be reliable. Help?

43 REPLIES 43
ArcherKoch
Aspirant
Aspirant

josephgarvey17 wrote:
Yep, email notifications still work. Depending on how people have their email set up (Fetch, Push), push notifications are usually better. Different alerts, etc.... I am also happy that recording is still taking place because I was able to show police and I also sent it to local news and they are showing it tonight.

To be sure, I agree that push notifications are way better. I only meant to ensure that you (and others) recognize that there's at least an alternative for the interim.

It's really great that the system otherwise worked as intended! Don't let it dampen your Christmas cheer!

mgadsky
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same problem, notifications suddenly stopped working today, I restarted the base, delete the app and nothing

jcwrks
Luminary
Luminary

I typically do not enable email notifications on the phone since it would go off on a regular basis. So what I did is created an email alias, configured it in the easilydo email app, enabled notifications, then finally I updated the email alert address in the Arlo app.

gaiusioannes
Aspirant
Aspirant

SAME ISSUE HERE TOO! UGH. What was it about yesterday? ahahha. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

We apologize for any inconvenience. Engineering is aware of an issue with iOS push notifications and is actively working on a resolution as soon as possible. I will post an update here as soon as I get more information.

JamesC

josephgarvey17
Apprentice
Apprentice

JamesC wrote:

Engineering is aware of an issue with iOS push notifications and is actively working on a resolution as soon as possible. I will post an update here as soon as I get more information.

JamesC

Thank you for letting us know James.

josephgarvey17
Apprentice
Apprentice

JamesC wrote:

We apologize for any inconvenience. Engineering is aware of an issue with iOS push notifications and is actively working on a resolution as soon as possible. I will post an update here as soon as I get more information.

JamesC

So the "Accepted Solution" is that it is being worked on? Not that it is actually resolved as of yet.

POintman4dsf
Aspirant
Aspirant

my push notifications arent working either.  HELP!!

gaiusioannes
Aspirant
Aspirant

YES! Just started working again! Whatever you guys did at Netgear worked. Hopefully this lasts! Thanks! 

AEllis
Tutor
Tutor
Mine still don't work 😞
KLH-MAH
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same problem with standard Arlo set up

No push notifications since yesterday

No setting changes 

Didnt seem to be getting emails but just now got a string of emails after updating IOS to 10,2 (not sure if coincidental or causally related??)

mgadsky
Aspirant
Aspirant

Working again, thanks so much

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

This issue has been resolved. Users may need to log out of their iOS app and log back before push notifications start working again.

Thank you all for your patience in this process.

JamesC

JBJ
Tutor
Tutor
Same for me, I just purchased the new pro and was thinking of buying two more cameras. The push notifications were coming through my phone and i watch magnificently and all of the sudden last night push notifications stopped. I hope this is resolved soon since I am also within the return window.
PicSniper
Initiate
Initiate
Push notifications are back! I think I'm going to cry (LOL!). Thank you, fine folks at Arlo support!!! My faith has been restored...
iSage
Luminary
Luminary

JamesC wrote:

This issue has been resolved. Users may need to log out of their iOS app and log back before push notifications start working again.

Thank you all for your patience in this process.

JamesC

Thanks JamesC. Just started working here for me again on my iOS devices.  They were "quiet" for way too long! 🙂

~Susan

aerys
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank goodness, the service has been restored.

I never imagined that a server/backend problem would occur so had to troubleshoot it at first.

Enjoying again my Arlo Pro

Thanks.

josephgarvey17
Apprentice
Apprentice

Thank you for resolving this issue in such a timely manner.

Deanomite
Apprentice
Apprentice

still not working on my wife's iphone. Logged out, logged back in, no notifications unfortunately. 

Works fine on my android. 

If i have her sign in under my user (main) profile, she DOES get notifications. When she signs in under her profile, she does NOT get notifications. 

So the phone is ruled out as an issue. I has to do with the shared account. 

Still not clear if she is allowed to get notifiations as a shared user with rights or not. I get different answers from Arlo.