Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Push Notifications - Enable/Disable by Camera

Discussion stats
  • 14 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 9 In Conversation
texbeau
Apprentice
Apprentice

Is it possible to set push notifications on or off by camera? I want to have notifications sent to me for my outdoor cameras but not my indoor cameras. There is too much movement in the house, and I get way too many notications. I know how to set email notifications by camera, but it seems that push notifications are either on for all or off for all.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

No.. push is either on or off.... But, emails are by individual cameras

Best result for me was to send the email as a text messg so it was fast to check on my phone.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

No.. push is either on or off.... But, emails are by individual cameras

Best result for me was to send the email as a text messg so it was fast to check on my phone.

jappel2
Aspirant
Aspirant

I got a question. I have the Arlo app on my android, and for some reason, I don't receive audible push notifications anymore. When any camera detected motion, my phone would send an audible notification, now I don't get that anymore. I have uninstalled / re-installed the app, and reset the base 2x. Any thoughts?

jappel2
Aspirant
Aspirant

How to you allow a text instead of emails?

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

jappel2 wrote:

How to you allow a text instead of emails?

read old thread;

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Buying-Options-Tips/Using-text-messg-instead-of-email-for-notificat...

Halibor
Aspirant
Aspirant
Any chance that the WIZkids at Netgear can make by camera a reality?
Nighty01
Apprentice
Apprentice

Oh... Why the hell there is a "Solved - Go to Solution" if the solution is, that it is not implemented.

Very funny, but not helpful.

Is it so hard to implement push by cam and not only by basestation?

And if you you want to think about a good solution with or without camera push instead of basestation push, then implement a push pause timeout (if possible per cam). For some people like me, it is more then enough to get one push and then have a variable push pause (only the push and not the record of the next video) . A next push after ~10 sec. again lead into a : disable push, because of to many events. --> And loose the push feature Art all. 

Best regards

Ralf

unco
Star
Star

I see that the new Arlo app and web update allows you to enable/disable push notification by camera, however once I logged in for the first time it was already unticked for each camera (which I assume means no push notifications).  However, I still am getting push notifications.

I ticked the box and saved, then unticked the box and saved again but it's giving me push notifications. I'm using iOS9.

Has anyone figured out how to get this function working properly?

snip3rboy
Arlo Employee Retired

unco wrote:

I see that the new Arlo app and web update allows you to enable/disable push notification by camera, however once I logged in for the first time it was already unticked for each camera (which I assume means no push notifications).  However, I still am getting push notifications.

I ticked the box and saved, then unticked the box and saved again but it's giving me push notifications. I'm using iOS9.

Has anyone figured out how to get this function working properly?

Hi @unco

A new base station firmware version 1.7.0_4546 was released yesterday that supports this feature. Restarting your base station should pull the update sooner. If your base station is already on the latest firmware and still facing this issue, do let us know. Thanks!

cmhogan
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have updated to the latest firmware version 1.7.0_4546 and I don't see any option to send push notifications. I've checked each camera's settings and nothing... I must be blind or is this another oversight just like the battery level icons missing from the Android app? I no longer receive push notification on my Android or iPhone since the changes that were made to the website and apps.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If I understand properly (always an issue with me) it could be you're looking in the wrong place (Mode tab, select device, edit a mode, edit a rule - it's in there now) or you're using a browser that's using a cached version of the site. To clear this, a cache flush would help or use a different browser  to see if you get different results.

unco
Star
Star

Thanks I've got it partly working now.

The only other issue I have is that when I turn off push notifications for a camera in a specific rule, it turns it off for that camera for all rules.

Example:

I have a camera in my garage which I want to give me push notifications when my scheduled mode is on "Work Hours", but I want no push notifications when the scheduled mode is on "At Home".

However when I turn on or off push notifications for that camera in the specified schedule, it edits the push notification for all instances for that camera.

cmhogan
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the information on where to look for push notifications. I'll take a look when I get my base station back online. Woke up today to find that my device is offline with no Internet connection light (amber or green) or camera connection lights on. What's new? 

jappel2
Aspirant
Aspirant

With this new app, I lost "push" notifications on android. It is NO where to be found. I get no notifications anymore.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Now each camera has the option to enable or disable pushes...

check and make sure all the pushes are enable for each camera.

go to MODES, click on the current mode ..list of modes pop up.... use edit  pencil on mode ARMED, then edit each camera

Discussion stats
  • 14 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 9 In Conversation