Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Per-camera modes

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
CaptainJackFree
Initiate
Initiate

I want to use geo-fencing to control whether indoor cameras are armed, and have outside cameras always-armed and set up to record motion when it happens without setting an alert.

There are other "solutions" posted on here that have people creating custom modes and adding per-camera rules, but geo-fencing is considered a "mode", which is really short-sighted since a "mode" is per-base-station and thus applies to ALL cameras.

I want to be able to have "camera groups" - a level of abstraction that associates 1 or more cameras and to which a "mode" would apply; consequently I also want each "camera group" to support its own zone.  This seems like a trivial software feature to implement.  Why the limitation to apply geo-fencing as an all-or-nothing "mode"?

1 REPLY 1
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

First let me see if I can make things clearer...

Modes are NOT all or nothing as to cameras. You can have as many of your cameras operating in a mode that you PICK when creating it.

BTW, Any camera Not listed in the active Mode is off.

Most users get the best use of their cameras by creating new custom modes that do group the cameras into sections like front yard/back yard or inside/outside, etc.

As to Geozone... it isn't really a mode ( and then neither is the schedule )...they are just parts of the program the turn ON/OFF the modes selected at various times.  In Geozone , once set up, you select the "home" Mode and the "away" mode that the geozone acts on... these modes can be customized to you liking just like any other mode.

( each mode/camera group with the Pro2 can have their own zones if the cams are on ac power )

I want to use geo-fencing to control whether indoor cameras are armed, and have outside cameras always-armed and set up to record motion when it happens without setting an alert.

In the above case, you would have your 'away' mode use  a custom mode like armed ( all on ) with alerts turned off on the outside cams, Your 'home' mode would just run the external cams on ( with or without alerts set on )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation