Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

PC not able to log in

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Rickster61
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just want to say I just had a pleasant experience with support. I was not able to log in with a PC but I could with androids. It turns out that there was a setting that needed to be changed in my Bitdefender Total Security 2015. The scan SSL btton had to be turned off and then add arlo.netgear.com to the whitelist. All is well now.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
The_Flyguy
Aspirant
Aspirant

I had the exact same problem, and this worked for me as well.  I just changed security suites, and am new to both Arlo and Bitdefender.  I followed Rickster61's instructions and it worked.  The "Scan SSL" button is under:  Protection... Web Protection... in the Bitdefender Total Security 2015 version.

Thank you!  Thank you!!

Fly

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Rickster61,

I am glad to hear you had a pleasant experience! This is great information that could possibly help other community members that may be experiencing a similar issue. Thank you for posting the feedback!

JamesC

Rob1963
Aspirant
Aspirant

Rickster61 wrote:

I just want to say I just had a pleasant experience with support. I was not able to log in with a PC but I could with androids. It turns out that there was a setting that needed to be changed in my Bitdefender Total Security 2015. The scan SSL btton had to be turned off and then add arlo.netgear.com to the whitelist. All is well now.

Thanks for this.   I was having the same issue in that I could access my cameras with my iphone, but not my pc.    I also have Bitdefender on my PC.  I made these changes and, so far, it seems to have worked.

The_Flyguy
Aspirant
Aspirant

I had the exact same problem, and this worked for me as well.  I just changed security suites, and am new to both Arlo and Bitdefender.  I followed Rickster61's instructions and it worked.  The "Scan SSL" button is under:  Protection... Web Protection... in the Bitdefender Total Security 2015 version.

Thank you!  Thank you!!

Fly

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation