Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Motion sensor does not turn on

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation
Danaatencio
Follower
Follower
I have set the schedule and set the rule for all motion to activate the camera 24/7 but the motion figure does not turn on and the camera will not record even though I can see a person in the camera field. What am I doing wrong?
10 REPLIES 10
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Look at the camera RULE first... make sure it's set to record on motion.

Then look at the MODE ( modes are made of rules ).. make sure the camera rule to record on motion is TOGGLED on ( check mark ).

When the mode is activated, and done right, the "running man" on that camera will go GREEN, meaning motion detect is on.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
mary
Initiate
Initiate

I am having the same problem this weekend.  All 3 of my cameras are set to 'record on motion" and toggled 'on', but they are not recording!  I danced around in front of them, walked back and forth and even got up close waving my hands but they never recorded me, or my car driving up the drive right past 2 of them.  They are sometime triggered by animals, wind in the leaves or grass, or insects, but that's not why I have them.  Can't figure out what's wrong.  I have the sensitivity set at 100% right now too.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

First and simple thing to check is if Motion is really turned on... sometimes the rules/modes get messed up during the learning process.

Start/turn on your motion detect....goto camera views... make sure the "running man" is GREEN.

If the 'man isn't green, the mode prob has to be fixed...

If the 'man' is green, let us know and we'll try the next step.

Redrocr
Guide
Guide
I corrected the running man to green in one of my two cameras, but can seem to find a way to change the second one to green!!
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Redrocr wrote:
I corrected the running man to green in one of my two cameras, but can seem to find a way to change the second one to green!!

If you have a name for that camera ,then you have a RULE already... so go to the MODE in question that doesn't work.

Example; go to ALL MOTION ON

hit the pencil to edit

make sure all the cameras listed have the green check mark at the end... if it is black, the camera is turned off for that mode

edit the mode that doesn't function the same way

Plzhelp
Luminary
Luminary

The running man is not green...even though I have green check boxes in Rules saved...sensitivity @100%...record video @120 sec.

Camera is giving live feed...will only record if I press the green record icon.

Watching deer eat my shrubs...less than 15 ft from camera in front window...it's looking at me and the camera...HELP!

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Plzhelp wrote:

The running man is not green...even though I have green check boxes in Rules saved...sensitivity @100%...record video @120 sec.

The check mark for motion on/off is in the MODE, not the rules

If you already have it checked green in the mode, try and turn it off , then save,  Now go back and turn on and save

If this doesn't work, you'll prob have to delete the mode and make a new one.

Mvw249987
Aspirant
Aspirant
Running man not showing active on app and all settings checked.
Mvw249987
Aspirant
Aspirant

All settings checked and app is not showing active no recordings. Please help.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Mvw249987,

Welcome to the community! If the running man is showing not active (grey) that indicates that motion detection for that camera is not enabled. The first thing you want to check is the rule for the affected camera. You want to be sure that there is a rule telling that camera to record on motion. You then want to make sure that rule is active within the mode you have set. For example under "settings":

Rules -> Record Camera A on motion

(If motion is detected on Camera A then record video on Camera A)

Modes -> All motion on

(Record Camera A on motion is green with a green check mark indicating it is active)

If these conditions are met for each affected camera you will see a green running man on the cameras screen indicating it is set to record on motion.

I hope this helps!

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation