Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Overrule Geofence modus by time schedule

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Importtrading
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello, 
I have n idea about geofencing and schedule modus. What I now really miss is that when my geofence mode is on the arlo cameras don't record by night when we are at home sleeping. Now I have to switch mode manually every night to set all cameras on record. (

It would be a very good idea if there was a possibility to overrule my geofence mode by my schedule mode/timesettings. This enables to automatically switch to record modus from, for example, 11 pm till 6 am. This in case to record criminal activities around the house during the night.

Just a simple select option would do the thing in the menu. : 
Overrule record modus by night: Yes/No......

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Importtrading,

This can be done by using the Schedule mode within your Geofencing settings. Set away to "Armed" and then set "Home" to Schedule.

JamesC

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Importtrading,

This can be done by using the Schedule mode within your Geofencing settings. Set away to "Armed" and then set "Home" to Schedule.

JamesC

Importtrading
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello Jamesc. Thanks for your answer.

Can you please better explain?

I don't find any schdule settings in my Geofence modus...

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Check the FAQs for complete directions.  First, set up a schedule using your modes as appropriate.  Then set GF to use the schedule when home or away, however you need it to work.  You don't set the schedule in GF, you just use it (or a mode).

Importtrading
Aspirant
Aspirant

I still don't understand hwo to overrule geofence by my schedule mode. What I want is simple. I want to use GF all the time. Only form 10 in the veening untill 6 in the morning the system must be armed automatically (when possible in GF mode). So I don't need to change the mode manually in my app. 

I am Dutch so with the replies I already got I don't understand because the english is too difficult. Is there anybody who can reply to me and take me step by step through this ?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

First, set up the Schedule. Delete anything you find in there.  Next, you will need to create two schedules.  First, create one from 10PM until 11:59PM using the Armed mode. Then create a second one from 12:00AM to 6AM.  This will allow the Armed mode to be active from 10PM to 6AM.

Next, set up Geofencing. I believe you will be home during the night so choose the schedule for the Home Mode.  For the Away Mode, you can choose any mode you like, such as Armed or Disarmed.

Does this make sense?

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation