Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
Aleessa
Follower
Follower

My camera is new and just hung it outside my front door.  I have it set for motion to record.  I lowered the motion sensitivity to 40.  Every time a car goes by it records.  How can I stop this?  

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Its essentially an aiming issue - you're including too much scene in the camera's view. Trial and error to point the camera down to exclude cars as much as possible. Also, do a search here on "PVC pipe" or maybe just "PVC" to find the thread on how one person successfully created a small shield to block detecting unwanted motion.

thecoooch
Star
Star

Now were resorting to sheiding a $500 camera set with PVC pipe?  My camera, no matter how I angle them go off about 100 times a day as the sun moves shadows accross the driveway.  I have tried numerous angles and it not close to pointing to the street.  I have tried to set the motion sensitivity as 10% and as the sun rises over my driveway it triggers motion again and again never capturing anything.  It does the same thing as the sun goes over my front yard with another arlo camera.  So if you have sun shine at your house hit up Amazon for a lot of batteries.    

Netgear it would be if your corrected the algorythm to avoid this.  

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Not every situation can be handled by every device.  Sometimes you have to be creative to get the best out of any device.  Stuff happens.  

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation