Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Notification Preferences

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
JenQuayle
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi - All of a sudden the motion notifications have stopped coming through on my iphone - I have checked the app preferences, and under the Schedule mode, I have no other preferences other than the calendar view where I set when the cameras are on - I see the preferences under other modes, but not the schedule one - am I missing something?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Hopefully I see the problem.

First, the schedule settings and mode settings are totally separate.  You would set up the mode(s) as you've indicated you've done (add cameras, adjust recording time and sensitivity, notifications) and save.  Then you position the mode in the schedule.  Since you already had a schedule set, delete the modes from the schedule (click on the time slot in the schedule and delete) and now add your new mode to the schedule.  You can't edit the mode from the schedule nor add the mode to the schedule from the mode edit screen.  Two separate operations.

To sum up - set your modes to what you want.  Then add them to the schedule.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I think you're saying that the Mode currently scheduled is missing the notifications setting. If so, is it a mode that carried over from the recent update? There seems to be issues with some old modes and the new interface/firmware/whatever causes this.

Try making a new duplicate mode to see if that allows things to be set and work properly.

JenQuayle
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi thanks - ok have tried that and will see if I start to get the notifications - but when I add a new mode I appear to then not be able to set any timings 😞 on the old app I had three cameras active between 4pm and 5am, set to record on motion for 20 seconds - now looks like I cant...
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Not sure what you're seeing but you can certainly change the recording time, notifications, etc. by editing the new modes. To add cameras you have to edit the Mode and then add them - you can't do it with the initial mode creation. Give us a blow by blow so we have as much detail as possible.

JenQuayle
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ok here goes... 🙂

So we have 3 cameras, and when we originally installed, we configured all 3 to activate on motion, between the hours of 16:00 and 05:00, and if motion is detected, record for 20 seconds and also send a notification to my iphone. I turned off the email notifications as they were a pain in the backside :-).

So the back end of last week the batteries were running low, so we replaced them - am not too sure if this coincides with the notifications stopping.

So on Monday, I had a look around the app, which now appears to have been updated.

When I go to the schedule mode, I can set the active times:

Schedule View.png

And when I select the time I can edit the properties:

Schedule Properties.png

But nowhere can I find anywhere under these properties to set any notification preferences.

So, I have created a new mode called New Schedule:

Mode selection.png

I have added all 3 cameras to this mode:

Edit Mode Level 1.png

And set the rules, i.e. record on motion for 20 seconds, and send push notification, but there is nowhere on this edit mode where I can set a schedule i.e. only be active between 16:00 and 05:00.

Edit Mode Level 2.png

So at the moment, I am manually activating the New schedule at 16:00 and then setting the system to disarmed when I get up in the morning :-(.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Hopefully I see the problem.

First, the schedule settings and mode settings are totally separate.  You would set up the mode(s) as you've indicated you've done (add cameras, adjust recording time and sensitivity, notifications) and save.  Then you position the mode in the schedule.  Since you already had a schedule set, delete the modes from the schedule (click on the time slot in the schedule and delete) and now add your new mode to the schedule.  You can't edit the mode from the schedule nor add the mode to the schedule from the mode edit screen.  Two separate operations.

To sum up - set your modes to what you want.  Then add them to the schedule.

JenQuayle
Aspirant
Aspirant

You absolute star - thank you very much - all back working as is was 🙂 🙂 🙂

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation