Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Not storing in library

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 6 In Conversation
whmnIII
Follower
Follower

No videos stored in library.

Settings for 'all motion on':

IF the following:
Motion is detected on
 (our camera)

THEN do the following:
Record video on
10 REPLIES 10
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

I guess your saying you have no videos recorded in the library after turning on the motione detect... ( a little lack of info or clarity )

All Motion On is one of the default settings you shouls have in the prgm after setting up the system.

First you have to know that MODES ( all on / all off / cam1 on/off ,etc ) are made of RULES ( which each camera actually does )

1)  goto  SETTINGS, RULES, then Cameras ( to edit click pencil ) make sure the IF statement  fewer videos/less videos is set at about 80%

and then now Check the THEN statement is set to 15 seconds or so.

2) Next go to MODES and click on the mode call ALL MOTION ON ( or similar named ). All of the cameras you have should be there, Verify that

all of the cameras listed have the " check mark in GREEN " ( on right side )... this means the camera is selected to be active.

DONT forget to save after making all changes when exiting.

Now turn on MOTION ALL and test... you should have recordings and they will be in the library when finished.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
karincain
Aspirant
Aspirant
I'm having the same problem with my cameras. I get the video recording symbol showing but nothing saves in the library. I can get a live picture from the cameras but no recordings.
karincain
Aspirant
Aspirant

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Using live view, try recording a short clip (use the red button icon).  Does that show up in the library?

karincain
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thank you for your input. For some inexplicable reason it started working again. I've tried your suggestion above and it did record and show up in my library (this was after everything started working again. So I'm good now.

Do you know if when you just select armed, is it only from 8:00 to 5:00. I've always used a schedule to cover 24 hours so I can get the clips of mountain lions, foxes, skunks, cats, and other animals that come around at night.
karincain
Aspirant
Aspirant
By the way, my first clip to show it was working again was of a Turkey at 7:40 this morning. So, I missed everything last night.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

karincain wrote:

Do you know if when you just select armed, is it only from 8:00 to 5:00. I've always used a schedule to cover 24 hours so I can get the clips of mountain lions, foxes, skunks, cats, and other animals that come around at night.

Armed is fully armed, all cameras, all the time. The only way to have certain time periods is to use not in the schedule. So, if you simply activate the Armed mode, it's 24/7 motion detection.

karincain
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thank you. I'll try that
Melusine
Aspirant
Aspirant

*Edited*

Videos are not showing in the library in a mobile platform via the app (but do show online).... any update on this ?

Schorschi
Prodigy
Prodigy

Arlo had that problem earlier in the year with motion-triggered footage, but it has since been fixed in a system update. Could it be still happening for manually recorded footage? Make sure you don't have an active filter in the library on your mobile device. Also, try force-stopping and restarting the app and on anonther device and/or platform (if available).

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 6 In Conversation