Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 7 In Conversation
missearl
Aspirant
Aspirant

Arlo was a sweet deal and I highly recommended their product until the latest upgrade.

Now the system doesn't record much even at 100% and the rules DO NOT STAY! Every time I check my rules, a default setting of 80% and ZERO record time occurs! WHATS THE POINT, ARLO, OF HAVING A SECURITY SYSTEM THAT DOES NOT WORK?

I'm looking into other OPTIONS ASAP if Arlo doesn't fix the mess they've made of my perfectly well working system BEFORE THE SO-CALLED UPGRADE!

7 REPLIES 7
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

missearl,

What browser are you using to make the changes? Are you making sure to click "Save" whenever you make changes to the rules?

JamesC

LGH
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same problem!  Have  not had problems until recently.  Now, it is useless!   Safari is browser. Have emptied cache, rebooted, rebooted base station, opened battery door on each camera to reset firmware AND still cannot SAVE any changes.  When I am home, I do not want to record and check the box __ Do Nothing which should then allow me to SAVE.   It does not matter if I am using my desktop Mac, my Iphone, or my Ipad.   Getting ready to leave on trip and after $500 for base & 4 cameras....I have NOTHING!    I also have highly recommended Arlo to neighbors, friends, everyone!

Now, I'm emailing them telling them NEVERMIND!!  Please help before it all goes in trash!

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

LGH,

On the web client, after having made changes to the rules a Save button must be clicked at the bottom of the screen to commit the changes made. Are you saying that even though you hit the Save button no changes are saved?

JamesC

jult
Star
Star

You know James? Take it from me: Find another job.

The arlo site is really flaky. I also tried saving rules and sometimes it just wouldn't even load, or the Saving would not go through. This is all while every other internet service works 100% fine, mind you. It's not on our end, trust me. Your servers either have too little capacity, they don't process input properly, it's painfully slow quite often.

And another thing. I had a complex Mode setup with all kinds of rules, one time out of nowhere all rules were gone in that mode. Just by opening the Mode in my smartphone app. It's horrible, really.

And we can't even back the rules or config up somewhere locally, like *all* other netgear devices do offer us.

Why is netgear going this route of being complete a-holes about it?

Darlaj
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm trying to increase recording time and there is no save button on the page.  Can this be fixed?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You must be doing this on the app. The web page has a save at the top right but not the app. Just go back, save the rule and again for the mode.

TexasHawkeye
Aspirant
Aspirant

The issue is that the rules are flipped and there is an obvious bug - in the Apple app at least.

I originally went in to edit my 'Armed' rules. I wanted to extend my record time more than 10 seconds. When I went in, the radio button to 'record video' was not selected, which was odd because the rule had this on already. Because the record option was not on, I could not edit the duration of my recordings. So, I selected this, then saved. No matter what I did, I never got the option to edit my recording time. It did, however, set my rule to only send push notifications. But when I went in to edit it, the radio button to record video was still selected! (Why is this a radio button if its the only option? You can't uncheck a radio button when it's the only option.) So I'm stuck with a rule I can't edit that has the option to record checked on but saves it with it off.

Don't call yourself support and feed people canned answers like we are all idiots. We're frustrated customers because of a faulty product you are supposed to support.

I discovered something during this disappointing venture - I rest my password and now I can edit my rules again. Maybe that will help your developers track this down. Your product doesn't serve its purpose until you fix this. 

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 7 In Conversation