Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Not receiving notification after software update

Discussion stats
  • 18 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 10 In Conversation
SpartacusJones
Tutor
Tutor
After receiving the redesigned app, I'm no longer getting either push or email notifications on my Android phone (Moto X Pure Edition running
Marshmallow)
18 REPLIES 18
SpartacusJones
Tutor
Tutor

nofears
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am also experiencing this same issue after the most recent app update.  

I have a Samsung Note 5 on ATT network and used to get a distinct audible sound, with a distinct led flash coloralong with the Arlo motion symbol (running guy) in my notification tray at the top of my phone every time there was motion detected on one of my Arlo cameras...this no longer happens.

I do get an email but I prefer the notification directly on my phone.  I checked all available setting in the new app and in my phone and there is nothing related to this change...

PLEAASE FIX THIS !  Thanks!

Showguy
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I do not use Android but I would assume that the notification are in the same place as IOS.  You need to go into "MODE" click on the mode you want to change and turn notifications on for each camera.  In regard to the cool little running man flashing, he has been replaced by a bland hardly noticeable little gray guy.  The gray guy goes from light gray to a bit darker when recording.. Ugly as all hell UI

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

nofears wrote:

I do get an email but I prefer the notification directly on my phone.  I checked all available setting in the new app and in my phone and there is nothing related to this change...

Running an older LG and os 4.4 and getting pushes. So it must have to do with newer OS

As a work around tho, ( I perfer it as easier to handle ) I use an email address of my phone number so it sends an SMS to my phone along with the normal email.

Put in a trouble ticket so they can work on it.. ( you'll need phone info and os version )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
nofears
Aspirant
Aspirant

How do I put in a troulbe ticket and also, how do I enter my cell phone number as an email address???

Thanks!

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Notice the Support link at the top of these pages?  Good place to start.  You'll find a link to contact support with a variety of options.

SpartacusJones
Tutor
Tutor

I had notifications turned on before the update. Aftert the update I did not receive notifications. I have done as you suggested and moticed that notifications had somehow beed turned off with the update. I have turned the push notifications back on and am now getting them (sometimes). I suspect the hit or mis aspect may be due to camera sensitivity chnages. Nothing else about my setup has changes for months.

Bottom line - I am now getting my push notifications, but the camera just seems to be missing some situations that previosuly would have triggered a notification.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

SpartacusJones wrote:

Bottom line - I am now getting my push notifications, but the camera just seems to be missing some situations that previosuly would have triggered a notification.

Go back and check your exisitng rules.... many have come over from the older software with the sense setting lowered to a default of 80%

Morse is faster than texting!
DeeperImage
Tutor
Tutor
Having the same issue on iOS using an iPhone 6s Plus. After the update none of my push notifications are working.

The cameras are recording but I'm not even getting a notification for the recording itself. Sensitive and info is the same as it was before.

Ughh. Does the Dev team not test these updates before rolling them out? How about a QC team?
K9elvis
Aspirant
Aspirant
After doing app update on iphone 5s, no longer got push notifications too when using a schedule for when I wanted cameras armed. Netgear customer service was of course of no help to troubleshoot . Finally, I tried deleting my old schedule on the Arlo website on a DESKTOP instead of my iphone app. Then I created a new one with same times as before. For some reason it gave me an option of motion on or armed....I chose armed. Now push notifications are working again as before when schedule on. Agree with others that updated app less user friendly than old one. Good luck and hope this helps
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Maybe it just forced you to find/see/use the new settings for notifications.  The update seemed to turn notifications off so you needed to turn them on.

SpartacusJones
Tutor
Tutor

jguerdat wrote:

Maybe it just forced you to find/see/use the new settings for notifications.  The update seemed to turn notifications off so you needed to turn them on.

It would have been nice if they told us about this.

slickdm
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same issue.  I've tried everything.  Even uninstalled and reinstalled the app, and reset the phone.

nofears
Aspirant
Aspirant

we ARE the UC team Smiley Very Happy

Orangeblood26
Tutor
Tutor
I am not receiving push notifications since early morning. Everything was working up to yesterday. I've checked everything and still nothing. I'm running in iOS (up to date versions)
Orangeblood26
Tutor
Tutor
Disregard my post...for some reason my push notifications were turned off in the MODE settings.
Lihiue
Aspirant
Aspirant

My push notifications got turned off as well this morning, but they had been working perfectly up to that point, even after the update.  

nofears
Aspirant
Aspirant

My issue was resolved by setting push notifications to on.  I am now again recieving the notifications directly on my mobile phone in my notifications tray when there is motion on my cameras.

Discussion stats
  • 18 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 10 In Conversation