Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

No rules in new update

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Cd9512
Aspirant
Aspirant
What happened to the rules under settings? No way to adjust camera sensitivity now!!!!
10 REPLIES 10
DarkenW
Tutor
Tutor

Rules are now a subset of Modes.

So when you add a new Mode, you can create Rules that sit beneath that Mode (there's an 'Add Rule' button).

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Cd9512 wrote:
What happened to the rules under settings? No way to adjust camera sensitivity now!!!!

read this

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo-Knowledge-Base/How-do-I-adjust-motion-and-sound-sensitivity/ta...

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
Cd9512
Aspirant
Aspirant
Not as much sensitivity adjustment, and much more cumbersome
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Cd9512 wrote:
Not as much sensitivity adjustment, and much more cumbersome

Yes, new learning curve with new software esp since running it for a year,.... but I have found after the trial setup of my cameras I have never gone back to change the sense settings.

As to the adjustment, it still goes from 1 to 100 on sense settings , are you saying the settings are different?  I still use all my old rules in the custom modes and they operate the same.

I have noted if your using the NEW defaults ( ARMED ), the adjustments are the default 80% on sense and 10 sec record so you may have to re-set these.

Cd9512
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes. New app on phone only allows sensitivity in whole numbers, (1,2,3, etc) used to be able to drag the bar to put it anywhere wanted. I have a camera that I adjust due to objects in my driveway (cars) the reflection in the windows will set it off, but other times I want it very sensitive. App is not allowing that now.
Cd9512
Aspirant
Aspirant
And I have my cameras on a schedule setting, there is now no way to adjust each. I have to create all new schedules and settings? Not a good update. Put camera sensitivity on its own.
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

did not see that, thanks...

I do most of my settings off of the PC..I find it much easier

Use Ipad/Android just for alerts , quick views

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Maybe I'm thick (seems to be happening a lot) but I don't see the problem.  You still go to the Mode tab, select your system and edit whatever mode you want.  Once in there, you edit the camera(s) which allows you to change sensitivity and time.  What am I missing?

Cd9512
Aspirant
Aspirant
Was able to find the modes, but not able to adjust sensitivity to more than whole numbers. Also found that when there is a schedule, have to break down the modes on schedule to motion on or motion off. I need 65% back. Not 6 or 7. Was a lot easier to just hit "rules" and then the camera and then adjust it. Updates are supposed to be better, not worse.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Whole numbers, yes.  I noticed that before.  Of course the question is whether finer control realistically gets you anything, including whether the hard/soft/firmware just rounded off before (81-84 became 8(0) and 85-89 became 9(0)).  We don't have all the info including whether the previous small steps made any real difference.  I know I putzed with them at the top end of the range with little noticeable effect.

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation