Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 6 In Conversation
Cyrano
Apprentice
Apprentice

I can't change the level of motion sensitivity, because there is no "Save" button at the bottom of the screen. What's going on?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Just go back to the previous screen and save there.  I agree that it can be inconsistent but if there's no save button, try saving at one level back.  Also be sure to save all the way out if there are other save buttons as you go.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Just go back to the previous screen and save there.  I agree that it can be inconsistent but if there's no save button, try saving at one level back.  Also be sure to save all the way out if there are other save buttons as you go.

Cyrano
Apprentice
Apprentice

Thanks!

alonrev1
Aspirant
Aspirant

I cannot reset sensitivity because the back button doesnt bring me to a save button. I see the save button on the way to the change setting screen, but after the change its no where to be found

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Are you changing the sensitivity in your modes/rules or in the motion detection test? Only the former will have the save capability.
Scomas
Guide
Guide
I have a similar problem. One of my 4 cameras will not record because when I am in the rules section and set the rule to record when motion is detected, the Done button changes to a Save button, but it's greyed out and inactive so my changes can't be saved. For the other 3 camera with the same settings the Save button is active and works. Why is one camera not allowing me to press Save so I can record. I even tried setting up a new rule for that camera that said when motion is detected to record and in the new rule, the Save button is active, but it still won't record. Just got this today and nothing but problems. very glitchy.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It sounds like you're using the app - tell us the device and OS to be sure.

Try using a browser in the meantime to get things set up properly.

Scomas
Guide
Guide
I'm using the Arlo Pro, version 2.3.1 and yes I'm using the ap. After I posted last night all the duplicate cameras went away, but this morning it shows duplicates again. Also new this morning under Devices it shows my device 4 times each with 2 duplicate sub devices with the same name and under each of those it lists my cameras twice. Every time I open the ap something new is screwed up. I'll trying setting it up through a browser in hopes of getting it to work properly.
Scomas
Guide
Guide

so I logged in through a browser and it seems to work that way.  It looks like the app is simply junk and doesn't work.  I can't change the settings nor do I even see all the same options as I do in browser.  The Save button gets greyed out, I can't set a schedule for my cameras, it continiously shows duplicate cameras, I can't set changes to email or send notifications when motion is detected, and I can't even make a change to record for a certain amount of time because my changes never stick.  Actually I would love for my camera to just record when it sees motion and then stop when the motion stops.  recording as long as motion is dectected seems to me to be the most logical choice to have as a default, but to not even have that option is pretty suprising if not worthless.  

I will be using the app on my I Phone to view and make changes 99% of the time which will make it very difficult for this nearly $700 purchase to not be a waste.  I hope Netgear gets their act together quickly and gets an update to fix the app to make it useable on the I Phone.  

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Scomas,

Consider uninstalling the mobile app and download a fresh version from the app store. Are you still having an issue with the save button after the reinstall?

The duplicate camera issue you describe is currently under investigation by the engineering team. We hope to provide a resolution soon.

JamesC

bbrothers1
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ok this thread says solved but I do not see a solution. I have the same issue with my Arlo pros. It literally goes off every 30 seconds and I cannot change the sensitivity. Under the morning detection test spot I can adjust the sensitivity then hit "run test with new settings" and it just immediately Grey's out when I got it then I leave and come back and it's still on 50%

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

That's because all settings are in your modes. The motion detection test is just that - a test. You set it in your modes and rules since you may have multiple rules with different settings.

bbrothers1
Aspirant
Aspirant
Ok people keep saying that but there is no "modes" settings. What is it that you are calling modes and where is it located?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The Mode tab in the interface gets you to your modes.  Click on it and then select your base. By default, the Armed mode is used.  Check it out but consider creating a custom mode so you have complete control over your settings.  The Armed mode is best used for simple installations and/or troubleshooting.

Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 6 In Conversation