Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

No notifications with new app.

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 9 In Conversation
alloarlo
Tutor
Tutor

I don't get notifications on my phone anymore after upgrading to the new app 2.0.0 and 2.0.1.

I'm on Android 4.0.4. My wife still gets them. She's on Android 5.1.1.

12 REPLIES 12
eyes2cu
Aspirant
Aspirant

I no longer receive notifications on my phone either after upgrading to the new app.  I'm on IOS 9.2.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

In case you don't know, pushes are toggled on/off per camera now , so check the rules for each cam just to be sure

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
alloarlo
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks TomMac,

This is not the reason though. Notifications are enabled on all camara. 

My wife gets them on her device. I do not on mine.

I was thinking it might be related to the different Android versions on our devices.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Check the app settings in the phone - perhaps notifications are turned off.  Use the phone settings, select Applications (Application Manager on some) and then select Arlo.  Top left is a checkbox for notifications.

ant
Mentor
Mentor

jguerdat wrote:

Check the app settings in the phone - perhaps notifications are turned off.  Use the phone settings, select Applications (Application Manager on some) and then select Arlo.  Top left is a checkbox for notifications.

For my colony, all iDevices stopped getting these notifications today. Last night was fine. I still get e-mail notifications though!

BTA
Initiate
Initiate
I too stopped receiving notification on my app on iPhone. Still receive email though. I tried all options and all settings and still does not work. I think it's a bug in the new release.
I also used to see how many videos are pending and now I don't. Help!
Kdc2003
Initiate
Initiate
Same here, stopped receiving notifications from the app on iPhone, only get email notifications when in "schedule" mode. Checked all settings on phone and app and all are on. I wish they would fix this!
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

With the most recent update push notifications have changed to being camera specific. You can now toggle push notifications on or off per camera:

Modes > click the pencil icon on the mode that tells your camera to detect/record motion > click edit next to the rule on which you want push notifications enabled > enable push notifications

Be sure to click save after you have finished making changes. This will commit the changes.

JamesC

ant
Mentor
Mentor

JamesC wrote:

With the most recent update push notifications have changed to being camera specific. You can now toggle push notifications on or off per camera:

Modes > click the pencil icon on the mode that tells your camera to detect/record motion > click edit next to the rule on which you want push notifications enabled > enable push notifications

Be sure to click save after you have finished making changes. This will commit the changes.

JamesC

Did this update come out on Monday night or something? I didn't see any iOS app updates that day. I did get it before 2015 ended.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Ant,

The change was made with the Arlo UI update that happened at the end of december. The push notification toggle is now located within the camera rules.

JamesC

ant
Mentor
Mentor

JamesC wrote:

Ant,

The change was made with the Arlo UI update that happened at the end of december. The push notification toggle is now located within the camera rules.

JamesC

OK, I got that iOS app update before 2015 ended and 2016 started. I had no problems with its notifications until Tuesday morning (USA's PST). 😞

greggr
Aspirant
Aspirant

Is there any way that you could integrate a way to customize the ringtone/notification so you can easily distingush it from other app's notifications? That way you could instantly know that the a camera was triggered to record and check it immediately. As it is now it just gets lumped in with all the other app notifications and you don't know which app sent the notification unless you actually look to see that it was.

That would be very helpful,

Gregg

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 9 In Conversation