Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Reply
Discussion stats
  • 18 Replies
  • 3123 Views
  • 3 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation
Rob63
Aspirant
Aspirant
Push alerts via the app stopped last night! iOS 9. Tried rebooting phone, reinstalling the app, made sure it was still on in iPhone settings etc

Do net gear have a software issue?
18 REPLIES 18
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager
Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention. We identified and resolved the issue shortly after it was reported. If you are still experiencing this please let us know so we can investigate further.
 
Thank you!
JamesC
Theeddy
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have the same issue on my iPhone tried rebooting and downloading new app. Still No alert. Have full camera use and app use. Just no alerts.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Did you edit your modes to ensure the notifications are enabled?

butlergum
Guide
Guide

Hello, i have the same problem.

I get alerts only via email. I dont get push notificationson my iphone (iOS 9.2) and even on the webfront end there are no notifications about new alerts...

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

And did you do what my suggestion was just above your post?

butlergum
Guide
Guide

Sure i did. I still dont get any notifications...

ant
Mentor
Mentor

butlergum wrote:

Hello, i have the same problem.

I get alerts only via email. I dont get push notificationson my iphone (iOS 9.2) and even on the webfront end there are no notifications about new alerts...


Ditto for my colony's iOS apps notifications. They worked last night (USA's PST). Nothing from this mawning. E-mail notifications were fine though! This happened before like over a month ago or so. 😞 What's going on with these repeated issue?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you checked your modes?

ant
Mentor
Mentor

jguerdat wrote:

Have you checked your modes?


Yes, why would they be changed if they were working last night and I still get e-mail notifications?

holzwarth32
Guide
Guide
Before you ask the answer is yes I checked my modes and they are all on. It obvious your system is screwed up and not fixed yet as stated earlier. Investigate further because your fix didn't work.
holzwarth32
Guide
Guide
Yes. It still doesn't provide push notifications. Your fix didnt work
ant
Mentor
Mentor

holzwarth32 wrote:
Before you ask the answer is yes I checked my modes and they are all on. It obvious your system is screwed up and not fixed yet as stated earlier. Investigate further because your fix didn't work.

Ditto. 😞

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

A few observations:

 

- Both the device app settings and the Arlo modes have to be enabled to have app notifications.

 

- Seems to primarily an iOS issue.

 

I have no idea what's up.  You've all said that everything is enabled but no notifications.  That could be a lot of things, such as server issues, base issues, device issues, app issues.  A trouble ticket may help add emphasis on fixing this but there are steps that can be taken on the user end, too, such as power cycling the base, reinstalling the app, identifying what devices and OS versions this seems to be happening on, etc. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

I have been able to confirm push notifications are working on both android and iOS devices that I have tested.

 

Please confirm push notifications are enabled for each camera by navigating to Modes > click the pencil icon for the mode that tells your camera to record/detect motion > select edit for the rule for the desired camera > make sure the push notifications box is checked. Be sure to save any changes.

 

JamesC

 

 

ant
Mentor
Mentor

JamesC wrote:

I have been able to confirm push notifications are working on both android and iOS devices that I have tested.

 

Please confirm push notifications are enabled for each camera by navigating to Modes > click the pencil icon for the mode that tells your camera to record/detect motion > select edit for the rule for the desired camera > make sure the push notifications box is checked. Be sure to save any changes.

 

JamesC

 

 


Ah. Why were they unchecked recently when they were checked and working before Tuesday?

holzwarth32
Guide
Guide

Yeah I did that.  Didn't fix anything.  If you click on: Mode / Schedule / Click on Pencil / All Motion On for some reason if my cameras are programmed to run on "all motion on" under on a specific schedule I get no app alerts.  I've tried everything this website says to do and yet I still CANNOT get app alerts on my iphone 6. 

 

ARLO, GET YOUR ENGINEERS HOT ON FIXING THIS ISSUE NOW INSTEAD OF IGNORING THIS ISSUE AND HOPE IT GOES AWAY!!!  WE SHOULDN'T HAVE TO GO THROUGH OUR SETTINGS EVERYTIME YOU DO AN UPDATE!!!  HERE IS A SUGGESTION, TRY TESTING YOUR UPDATES TO ENSURE IT WORKS BEFORE PUSHING A SUBSTANDARD PRODUCT OUT TO YOUR CUSTOMERS!!!

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Might be an iOS app issue. Have you tried with a browser?

butlergum
Guide
Guide

Hi Guys.

Its working again. I had to search a bit, but in >Modes there is an entry like (i have the german interface) "Motion detection of all cameras". This modes Push alert setting was unchecked. After checking it, i now get push alerts again. 

Give it a try!

Discussion stats
  • 18 Replies
  • 3124 Views
  • 3 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation