Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 31 Replies
  • 11 Likes
  • 8 In Conversation
NtGrHd
Guide
Guide

I guess 40 years an electrician/electrical contractor who did a LOT of specialty work including CCTV I should have known better. While I was extremely impressed with the cameras themselves any camera system whether wireless or not that is incapable of 24/7 recording even locally storing is essentially useless. PIR motion detection isn't as reliable a technology as one might think, if a dedicated PIR unit yes they work well, if intrinsic to a camera not so much unless you're willing to spend big $$$ on the cameras.

I had hoped to purchase another 4-camera system today after successfully testing a 1-camera system yesterday. However after determining that a great deal of the marketing was deceptive I cannot in good faith recommend this system to anyone seeking 24/7 video protection and coverage. I actually believed that such deceptive marketing practices were illegal in the US, I will have my attorney niece look into this matter.

In the future it would be wise of NetGear to be completely forthcoming with its system's limitations to do otherwise will tarnish a very good reputation. Now I have to tell five friends and neighbors not to waste their money. Thanks, for a whole lot of nothing!!!

31 REPLIES 31
JustMe1234
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ops sorry!  I commented on the first thing that popped up on Google.  I'm new to these forums, clearly.

Surely Arlo Pro is pro enough to offer 2fa on your account right? Woman Frustrated

Anyways... I'm not here to argue with fan boys.  Just documenting my experience with this & expressing my issues, so that the dev team of this can get some honest customer feedback.

Hopefully in a few years this product will be better, more secure and such.  I plan on running my camera till the batteries die and then taking it back to the store.  I hope y'all have a wonderful day and who knows... maybe it impresses me as the week goes along, but the first day out of the box rating is not high from me.

I will come back and update this thread if I find that it turns out decent, but no news = back to wally world.

Have a great day and thanks for y'alls time.

manfredz
Hero
Hero

I hear you.

I came back after Christmas with package with cam set from Best Buy waiting for me.  All enthusiastic and spent frustrating 2 weeks trying to get it going, both by myself and then netgear tech support before they concluded the base station was defective and sent a replacement.

Since then I've slowly explored its features (just explored and added scheduling yesterday, before that was to use movement on cam A to trigger recording on Cam B).

Works quite well for my purpose.

But also learned some of its limitations which I wished weren't there.

Also learned through this forum thast some people are their own worst enemies and others have every reason to be frustrated or even hat the Arlo.  Also aware we usually hear from those that have issues, and not the many happy ones.

Experiment and learn about yours and you'll see if for you.

steve_t
Master Master
Master

JustMe1234 wrote:

Anyways... I'm not here to argue with fan boys.  

LOL. No words... without jeopardising something in the works Smiley LOL

Spoiler

manfredz
Hero
Hero

nothing come up when i click on spoiler

Dsizelove
Aspirant
Aspirant

hear say . I did weeks of research on this system before I bought it .. Don't tell us what the state says .. Because you could have just pulled that out of thin air .. All you ahd to do was google and you would have found out everythign .. Did you see the size of the box they are not gonna have enough room to place everything on there .. Research .. This sounds like a case of byers remorece and for you saying your gonan get your neaice to look at it .. Sto pulling her into your buyers remorce you don't like the system .. take it back 

Dsizelove
Aspirant
Aspirant

Or you can go into the settings and change the length of reocrds 

Dsizelove
Aspirant
Aspirant

mine had a manual 

Discussion stats
  • 31 Replies
  • 11 Likes
  • 8 In Conversation