Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Newest Android updates 2.1.2 just rolled out

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
Pet1700
Apprentice
Apprentice

Seems like the Arlo team is listening... Just pushed out the latest Android updates 2.1.2...lets see how this works. Fingers crossed. 😊

7 REPLIES 7
Doublemint
Tutor
Tutor

Works!!!

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

For those involved in this thread experiencing issues, Android update 2.1.2 has been released for the Arlo mobile app. Please download the update and let me know if you continue to experience any issues.

Thank you,

JamesC

StuBee
Luminary
Luminary

Didn't have issues before...but now I can't seem to get past selecting the arlo device in the Mode menu.

Just circles.

Update:  Maybe it was a one-time thing.  After about a minute or so, it eventually came up.  Subsequent entries into the mode setting have worked.

Pet1700
Apprentice
Apprentice
Try from the laptop... That happened to me the first time I setup my arlo months ago. And, worst case, reinstall the app.
Cassidy
Luminary
Luminary

When i read all of your comments, I decide to test the new Arlo Android Update and I install it...

When I install it, i saw Arlo is asking for new request...in my mind, i say to myself WHY does Arlo need to see more informations on my device ? Because of your comments, I decide to accept but...

So i install it 

I first test all cameras..

I try next the mode

First install it was impossible to open the Arlo Q MODE...so i uninstall it and erase all folder of Arlo app...to make a clean install

I re-install it properly and test all cameras...Works

I check if i can have access to wireless mode...Works

I check if i can have access to Arlo Q mode...NOW it works

I check the section My Devices and ohhhhhhh the Arlo Q signal that drop to 20 % is now near of his real ‰ now it is 75 % Youpi

but when i try to check my others cameras, i receive a message from my anti-virus regarding the new authorisation we have to accept for the new 2.12 Arlo Android installation...

Screenshot_2016-07-15-14-29-53.jpg

And this 

Screenshot_2016-07-15-14-36-24.jpg

I was so happy for this 75 % wifi connection 😞

Screenshot_2016-07-15-14-31-47.jpg

SO I DECIDE TO UNINSTALL IT AND REINSTALL THE ARLO APK THAN I SAVE AND BACKUP LAST TIME...

JamesC ...can you please refer this to engineer level and can you also ask them WHY they ask us to accept to give you more personnal informations...hope they take out their new request...sorry for my english...

Cassidy

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I replied in another thread that I believe this is a false positive based on 3 packages I use not having an issue.

Also, the latest version finally stops telling me to update the firmware on my R7000 router with beta firmware.  Yay!

Cassidy
Luminary
Luminary

Jguerdat

I replied in another thread that I believe this is a false positive based on 3 packages I use not having an issue.

I have CM Security and Avast. My settings for CM Security is set to "intense level heuristic" . Company advertise us about a possibily of False Positive when we "choose" this level ...I'll install 2.1.2 Arlo and I will remove the intense heuristic antivirus mode to see if I receive other alerts...

This is the first time that the antivirus warned me that there is a problem with Arlo and I think it's because Arlo request new authorizations to be installed.

So, my question is for JamesC, can he ask engineer about the necessity of the new autorizations we have to accept if we want to install this new version...

I also don't understand why the Antivirus advertise me only when i try to go in a particular section. It is like there is a "script" in this section ...

I'll try to install it again and verify exactly when the antivirus gives me this advertising...

Also Jguerdat, CM never say Arlo has a virus, they say it is a malware potentially unwanted...

This is why I'd like to have more informations with JamesC...

Cassidy

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation