Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
CustomerX
Follower
Follower

The new web view no longer allows me to scroll through the thumbnail stills displayed by the library view.  In the old web view, I could select a single video, size it up to a good portion of the screen, then scroll left/right through the stills for quick review.  The new web view now has a huge circle with a triangle (the play button) that is one third the vertical dimension and about one fifth the horizontal image. When I select the image, the play button scales with the preview and blocks the center view; I can no longer resize the scaled preview image, and I cannot scroll back/forward to scan quickly for differences.  The scrolling stills was the best feature of the web interface.  I used to be able to locate videos of interest in just a few minutes.

2 REPLIES 2
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

CustomerX,

Many changes to the UI were made to provide a more streamlined user friendly interface. For more information on these changes, take a look at the following article: New Arlo App: A Quick Guide to New Features

Your feedback on these changes is appreciated and I will make sure we provide this feedback to the product manager.

JamesC

StevieB54
Tutor
Tutor

Your streamlining of the process actually makes it more cumbersome.  The thumbs used to be of the triggering event but now they are about 2 seconds into the clip so looking at the library usually doesn't show you the event and you have to open each clip one by one.  A package thief isn't going to hang around on you porch for 2 seconds!

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation